HybridZ

Question on Rewinds

Alright, I've been trying to search. Probably didn't search enough. I've been wanting to get myself a set of Konig Rewinds. The graphite with the polished lip. I'm unsure of what to go with the 15" or the 16". I've seen people mentioning rubbing and others having no rubbing issues. Some using spacers, etc. My car has an energy suspension bushing set, the Tokico illuminas, and the Tokico springs. So If anyone can provide input on that.

Also my biggest question that I didn't seem to come across an answer to is, will the rewinds clear the calipers? I'm using the 4-piston front calipers from an 83' Toyota Pickup. I know the 15" swastikas clear just fine. Anyone had problems with clearance on the rewinds?

I have 15' Konig Rewinds, Toyota calipers with vented rotors and Illuminas.

I had to grind some of the vent material off of the caliper castings for the wheels to fit. It wasn't that much though.

Derek

I have 15' Konig Rewinds, Toyota calipers with vented rotors and Illuminas.

I had to grind some of the vent material off of the caliper castings for the wheels to fit. It wasn't that much though.

Derek

Derek, what size tire are you running? could you post a picture of your car's stance. i'd like to see. :D

My car has 16" Konig rewinds on it with 225/50-16 rear tires and 215/50-16 front tires. I have urethane bushings, Tokico HP struts, and Tokico springs. The rear tires rubbed the fenders on big bumps until I rolled the fender lips. Also, I had to trim my MSA Type II front airdam so the tires wouldn't rub when turning.

Now about those brakes... I have Toyota 4x4 calipers and vented rotors on the front of my car. I don't have any clearance issues with the rotors. However, I am using the S12+8 calipers, not the S12W calipers. The S12W calipers are a bit bigger and rubbed my wheels SLIGHTLY when I test fit them. The rubbing could easily have been fixed by grinding some material off caliper's "vent ribs" as Derek mentioned.

468541747_S7SZX-M.jpg

459609046_gxNqW-M.jpg

Hi,

My brother is running the 16' Rewinds on his car, the car is lowered so we did have to do a bit of work on the rear fenders as they did rub a speck. It they are totally clearing all the brakes and suspension etc ... they just scuff the fenders the odd time if you hit a big bump. I think he's running 215/50/16's or something around there ...

n509484956_336589_1856.jpg

205/60/15. Probably a little small for this crowd but I didn't want any rubbing problems.

Nissan Comp stage 1 springs, Tokico Illuminas.

c2755046.jpg

Derek

i'm digging the 15's derek. thanks for the photo. i wasn't sure if 15's were gonna be big enough, but it looks just right to me. do you have any side shots or rear shots.

the 16's are looking great also.

If you're going to buy the wheels from discount tire website, they seem to be cheaper on weekends. I'm not sure if it's still like that thou.

hey thanks for that heads up. i'll keep my eye out. plus, i can get $100 dollars off if i spend over $500. i'm definitely looking at the rewinds.