HybridZ

Is this the reason people change window regulators?

BQR280Z

My passenger window has been a problem since I bought the Z. Took the door apart for the handle shave and found this broken roller. It is the one that rides on the inside of the door towards the interior. It would roll a half turn then pop out. So I made up new parts on the lathe, with the roller in aluminum instead of plastic. We shall see if that takes care of it.

Bill

SSC_0158_thumb.JPG

SSC_0159_thumb.JPG

SSC_0160_thumb.JPG

Guest Rolling Parts

Nice work!

Probably the plastic piece was cheap, easy, quiet, and never needed lubrication.

Your piece will outlast the rest of the car!

i was thinking the same thing. i se delrin in paintball stuff all the time and it seems to be a great material to me. its lightweight, seems easy enough to work with, doesnt need lubrication. the only thing is it can expand, i forget what makes it expand though, i used to know....anything cockerstar? i think it was oil based lube.

ps, youre on pbnation arent you? your username sounds familiar, i havent been on that forum in a while but i'm balla245 over there.

Saying that delrin is tough is an understatment. I needed a roller type chain tensioner for a D sports racer ( Kawasaki ZX10 powered roadrace car). I made several of them thinking they would wear out after each race. Three years later the original piece was still on the car and looking nearly brand new. Never used any of the spares I made. If a motorcycle chain running across it at 11,000 rpm can't hurt it, I'm pretty sure a window bracket would last all of our lifetimes back to back.