HybridZ

AZC Install with Watanabe's and ARP studs

Funny, I did almost exactly the same thing on my track car. AZC 6 pot front and 4 pot rear kit. I had virtually no runout on mine though. I was fully expecting to have to machine them, but it wasn't needed.

The Baer spacers did not fit my 240 hubs. They swore they would, but i needed to open up the center by nearly 6mm (dia). I just used a flapper on my drill press and did it myself. Much cheaper way to do things.

I needed 1/2" spacers on the front to clear my 15" euro mesh wheels; and 1/8" spacers on the rear. The arp studs are awesome. I like that I can torque all the nuts before each event as opposed to using those bolt-on adapters that hide a set of nuts under the wheel.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I finally got everything finished up a couple weekends ago. Heres what I did for shimming:

I decided to shim the rotor since this to me was easier to do. I bought several different sizes of stainless steel shims from Mcmaster (.001,.002,.004,and .005). I then cut them down a bit so they didnt stick out from the hat.

DSC_0066_Large.sized.jpg

I then set up my dial indicator as close as I could to the hat. I found the place with the least run out and marked it as 0, then as I spun it I wrote the runout at each bolt.

DSC_0069_Large.sized.jpg

I then installed all the shims at once. It was really close on the first try and with a couple adjustments I got the rotor to about .0015in of runout. My measuring setup wasnt any more accurate then that so I was pretty happy.

I ended up buying the Bear 1/4" wheel spacers. I had to have the center of the front turned out a bit to clear the hubs.

DSC_0072_Large.sized.jpg

I also went through my rear suspension "while I was at it" and put in long ARP studs in the back as well. I also replaced the hex head caliper mount bracket bolts with socket head ones....so they actually can be tightened and torqued properly.

DSC_0062_Large.sized.jpg

DSC_0063_Large.sized.jpg

Anyway the brakes are very smooth. Im still working out a few kinks though...my Drivers front is locking up way before my passengers front. Im hoping this is just a bleeding issue as I bleed them real quick to make it to auofair. Next time I am home Ill rebleed thoroughly and then see how she does. hopefully then I can bed the pads in and see how these baby's are.

• 5 months later...

I was wondering about your wheel studs.

You used the ARP PN-100-7719. The knurl Dia is .507". How did that fit?

I measured the stock studs and got a knurl Dia of .509" I was considering using ARP-100-7708 with the exact knurl dia. of .509" Besides they are cheap in the ARP lineup. The knurl length is shorter by a little on these.