HybridZ

Need some suggestions with roll bar

jkgts1

IMGP0387.jpg

So this was my first attempt at making one of these. I am not building this for any particular sanctioning race. Well I welded in the diagonal bar to the main hoop, then noticed how far away it was from the corner at the top. I got a bit carried away didn't realize it at the time. Do you guys think that I should cut it out and put in another one with the top part of the bar closer to the bend? This is 1.5", .120 wall 4130 tube by the way, if it will help with the decision.

Thanks

Don't put it right in the corner either. That works great for a sedan, but in a Z you'll need some space for the seat to scoot back in between the diag and the side of the hoop, assuming you're say 5'10" or taller...

Yeah, I'm just going to move it in a few inches more. As far as being 5'10" or taller, that is where I am lucky, I'm only about 5' 6". One of the only times I'm glad i'm short.

Nelson,

As far as the tubing in the engine bay goes, nothing permanent yet, but it's nothing you haven't seen before. A lot of people have done great stuff with tubing, like Jon.

I would definitely move it. It's worth the time to cut it out, otherwise it will bug you forever. If you can get the hoop out of the car, it will be a lot easier to cut & cleanup the area where you currently have it welded.

Yeah, I finished cutting it out last night. I haven't welded the hoop to the car yet so taking it out was no problem.