HybridZ

Synergy V8 - 2.4l and 92kg

NZeder

Look$ $imilar to the Hartley V8. Pair of 'bu$a four$ on a common crank ba$ically (Gro$$ $implification, but eh)

I think it'$ the $ynergy one, but $ome company that I $aw $elling that kind of V8 gave a TBO of only 30 hour$. I gue$$ that'$ ok if you're racing a Caterham or 510 around a track only, but it doe$n't $eem like a really good $etup for a $treet car.

That being $aid, at only 92 kilo$, it wouldn't be that hard to pull and rebuild :P

Who, little old me? :D

And according to the site, it uses ZX12R heads (no idea if that is better or not).

I am a little interested on the price of the synergy engine. While I'm expecting it to be the same 30k+USD that the Hartley unit is, it'll be interesting to see what the difference is.

I'd love to drop a screaming little v8 (well, or a little v12 :P) into a Z, but for the cost, you could get a kick ass L30et or L32et setup....with money for an entire second swap....

That being said, if someone designed a V12 based off of the S20 engine, I'd probably sell a kidney (not necessarily mine) for it :D

PanzerAce, if you haven't already, check out my V8R1600 thread. You might like it.

If all goes well I could realistically have a 400 crank HP 11,750rpm flat plane beast for under 5k, and that's including swap costs. It might be considerably less. but I'm basically doubling the current foreseen costs. You'd have a hard time building a 400hp L30ET for that price I think.

I'm also interested to hear a price on this engine though. The price tag on the Hartley is high, but expected. Unless they're planning on moving a ton of these, then I'm betting they'll be costly as well.

Call me picky, but I'm kinda disappointed that it's a 80 degree. Hartley is a 75 degree, and it certainly lost that Ferrari sound because of it. It doesn't sound like a dual plane crank V8, but it has a roughness that certainly it's a pure 90 degree flat plane V8 (like Ferrari)

I saw your thread gollum, and while it's an interesting idea, something about it just doesn't click for me. I like small engines and all...but I don't know, your idea just doesn't work for me *shrugs*.

IIRC, the reason that these motorcycle V8s tend to be narrow angle is that they are designed to fit in narrow chassis cars that don't have the room to allow for a full 90 degree bank.