HybridZ

guy wants to buy my car from africa

stravi757

Normally i just ignore these things but from what im getting is this guy wants to buy my 280zx. he says he will send me a paypal payment and have his agent come pick the car up from me to have it shipped. what do you guys think? heres the message he sent me

Hi, thanks for the swift response. I am actually buying this for

myself and will want the shipment handled by my shipping agent but no

worries as i am going to be responsible for the shipping bills. The

product is going to be picked up by my agent after i have made the

full payment via paypal. All i will need is paypal account email or

send me paypal payment request to kinneyjohn300@gmail.com so that i

can remit the funds into your account as soon as you email me your

agreement to this process. I will need more pictures of the item in

your next mail as i wont be able to come and check out the item.I

reside in West Africa but i get fascinated by products from abroad

because it costs some fortunes here and hope we have a deal. Once

again, your fast response will be greatly appreciated so that we can

complete the transaction sooner. You can also add

Yahoo Messenger:kinneyjohn200

Gtalk:elizwilly :kinneyjohn300

Msn Messenger: kinneyhohn18@live.com

Waiting to hear from You Asap

Mr John Kinney

heres the link to the car. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1349305771.html

If it's not a scam, just take the money and bank it. Then hopefully, someone will show up for the car. Charge him for the Paypal fees too. Once you have the money (CASH) in hand...who cares. Maybe I missed something but what can go wrong if you have cash in hand? If you don't have cash in hand...(not a cheque)...no deal.

My opinion: Delete the message. The sender's use of generic terms like "item" and "product" indicates the email is a one size fits all for spamming people who are offering a variety of things for sale. Of course you could always jerk him around by sending fake account information, but it's probably not worth the effort.

Dennis

Ask for cash....send him pics that are honest and legit and show all defects so he can't say you lied about the condition of the car. Again, if he pays up first in cash you are good.

That's what i was thinking. if i have the cash from him i dont really care what he does. but i see how it would be a scam but i dont see why someone would want to scam me out of a car which doesn't have much value(or an engine)

send back and tell them to send the money to the shipping agent and have the agent bring the folding green stuff.

If it happens, you have cash and can laugh all the way to the bank, if it doesn't you ain't lost any more than a few electrons and a couple of minutes for the Email.

I case it's not a scam, I just sent him an email with my paypal info so he can pay me. When I have the cash, I will send it to you :mrgreen:

Just kidding... But I don't think he can get any money from you by giving him your paypal email address? I don't know.

Definitely a scam. When a potential buy uses words like product and item to talk about the car your selling instead of saying 280zx, it means this is just a general email that this person sends to lots of people selling stuff. They send their shipping agent to pick it up and then they don't pay you.

We had a scam like this at work a couple years ago. It was from Thailand, the guy saying he wanted our company to ship him a bunch of aircraft avionics parts. Everyone but the guy who WAS in charge of the parts department and our GM knew it was a scam, but they where offering us big money to be a middle man for them. So the jacka** in the parts department gets all excited and thinks about how he's gonna cash in and make the company big bucks, send off almost a million bucks worth of parts...then what do you know, the credit card won't clear. So where out the cash, the parts, they let the parts moron go and the GM gets to explain to the partners how he just lost a million in parts. I wouldn't sell ANYTHING to ANYONE who won't show up in person. Don't even try to take the money ether, lots of times the credit cards are linked to credit cards (say X10) with the last one defaulting. I believe in most cases you are responsible for the fee's somehow. CASH is KING!

I sent the guy a message back. hope he responds haha.

ya no problem, im all about the swiftness, you sound like a serious buyer. don't worry about the shipping agent. i will take care of the shipping for you. i have a guy that can ship large ITEMS for me for free. and as far as the payment goes ill just charge you 300 instead, and ill throw in the new Shakira album! as i want to get rid of this thing asap. Is there anything else you would like for me to include in the car when i ship it to you? Anyways, just give me your shipping adress and i will get it sent out to you.

Oh and i was actually planning a trip out to africa, how is it out there. are you guys still driving camels around.? sounds like your ready to upgrade to a car though. anyways hate to get off topic, hope to hrear from you soon you homo so we can make a deal!!!!

> Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:04:34 -0700

> Subject: Re: 280zx 280z engine tranny turbo (danville / san ramon) Date: 2009-08-29, 6:08PM PDT Reply to:

> From: kinneyjohn300@gmail.com

> To: msstav@hotmail.com

>

> Hi, thanks for the swift response. I am actually buying this for

> myself and will want the shipment handled by my shipping agent but no

> worries as i am going to be responsible for the shipping bills. The

> product is going to be picked up by my agent after i have made the

> full payment via paypal. All i will need is paypal account email or

> send me paypal payment request to kinneyjohn300@gmail.com so that i

> can remit the funds into your account as soon as you email me your

> agreement to this process. I will need more pictures of the item in

> your next mail as i wont be able to come and check out the item.I

> reside in West Africa but i get fascinated by products from abroad

> because it costs some fortunes here and hope we have a deal. Once

> again, your fast response will be greatly appreciated so that we can

> complete the transaction sooner. You can also add

>

heres the latest. read bottom up

hey Juan! my pay pal is eatshitte@gmail.com, im so excited that you are going to buy this car. i cant wait for the kind payment as soon as possible.GOD im hard! also, if you have any extrta wives id be willing to take one of them off of your hands and we can forget about the payment, let me know...im in the market for one. anyways let me know when you sent the payment and i will have the car over in about 2 days. god speed to you, or as we say back in my country, go ♥♥♥♥ yourself. many thanks my friend!!!!!

> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:17:06 -0700

> Subject: Re: 280zx 280z engine tranny turbo (danville / san ramon) Date: 2009-08-29, 6:08PM PDT Reply to:

> From: kinneyjohn300@gmail.com

> To: msstav@hotmail.com

>

> Hello Mihalis,

> Thanks for your fast response and am happy to hear

> from you am ready to pay for the charges kindly get back to me with

> your paypal email address so that i can make the transfer as soon as

> possible

>

> John