HybridZ

Spark Plug Wires

Hello,

As you can tell I am new to the forum. But I also have that derided disease. It keep me longing for more in both perfectionism and money. I will begin my first conversion within the month of October. 2002 LS1/T56 into a 1971 Z car, I am in the process of my research and very much enjoy a "Job well done" therefore your photo caught my eye. Thus far this forum has been very time consuming, confusing, and entertaining. I will do my best to keep updates once I begin in earnest. By the way, thanks for the compliment, Old Man.

If you're looking for the best in melt-down protection, take a look at the Taylor 409 "Flame Jacket" wires.

Actually, just download the PDF Catalog of the Taylor wires, and you will see that they have a wire set that has a sheath that is good for upto 1900*F or something like that.

Perhaps even more... They come in any colour too, but I know their top heat-resistant type only comes in one colour due to it's proprietary "Flame Jacket" material.

I have to say the MSD wires are very nice and would probably work all by themselves. In my case cylinder #5 was the tightest fit as shown above. You can actually bend the wires to suite you needs but out of the box they're straight for the spark plug boot and 45* or so for the coil boot. What I did was pre-fit the wires and bend them away from the header tubes then I installed the sock and snap it onto the spark plug. With the sock on it is difficult to know when you are "home" on the spark plug head. So prior to doing anything I took a spare plug (same type that is on the engine) and snapped on a wire and took a visual measurement on how much the silicone boot covered the porcelain. Then I installed them on the engine. Next week, I plan on firing the engine up on my test stand that I built.

Danno74Z