HybridZ

URGENT! PRICE IS RIGHT: Found some BBS rims - Worth?

the price is right if you like them. You might check Ebay and places like that for similar, but I don't think those are that common anylow. too bad they're only 14". 16 or 17 would look so much nicer, but like I said if YOU like them then get them especially if you're getting a good price too.

Phar

Well these are for sale. $500 for the set of four. Let me know

If they had Falken Azenis at least, I would get them. But seriously, they wouldn't look too great on a Z since they're so skinny. The best you can do with them is get some wide wheel spacers to at least get them flush with the fenders.

If they're Legit 3 piece, you can buy new lips for them and increase the width. The lips are NOT cheap though.

I think the wheel shops call them barrels (the cylinder portion). Call around some shops have decent prices and you can get the offset redone so you can get the deep dish look. Like DeleriousZ said if its a true 3 or 2 piece then the width can be increased. If you can get $100 knocked off I think it would be worth it to keep a old school look.

I think the wheel shops call them barrels (the cylinder portion). Call around some shops have decent prices and you can get the offset redone so you can get the deep dish look. Like DeleriousZ said if its a true 3 or 2 piece then the width can be increased. If you can get $100 knocked off I think it would be worth it to keep a old school look.

I forgot they can be rebarreled. I would go with Rigez's idea. This would make it an awesome set of rims. If you do get these and have them rebarreled, please post pics.

Well, as I recall those wheels in a 15x7 - 0 offset sold in the late 1980s for $168. each. That is why I bought a set of Enkie 92 at only $118. each. I could not afford the better looking BBS. I always thought those were the best looking wheels for the price and they look great on a Z.

There is nothing wrong with the old school look but you may have trouble finding a decient road tire in 14 or 15 in. I ran 195-60-15 for years on a 7 in. wheel and you might be able to run a 205-60-15 which will fill up the wheel well if your car is slightly lowered.

I would not spend much over $300 for the set as they need to be polished. That will run you at least $75 a wheel. I cant rember if they are three piece wheels or not but if they are the wheel seals most likely will not hold air. Wheel seals for BBS wheels cost $50 each and bolts are a $1 each and there are 20 per wheel, they MUST be replaced. You may be able to get by with out replacing the nuts. I spent $500 in polishing and part to rebuild my BBS wheels.

Those wheels in 15" would look GREAT on a Z, and they have many times before. My uncle has a set similar to that (his are ARs with exposed lugs and center caps, but the same gold webbing/alloy rim pattern) and for a red, orange, or white Z they are just awesome.

The new style is to go for 16, 17 inch wheels, but for years 13 and 14 was the norm. 215-60R14 tires were your standard sports car tire for decades, but in recent years tire manfuacturers have stopped making performance tires in many 13, 14, and now even 15 and 16 inch sizes because they can get more money from larger diameter tires with lower and lower profiles.

Basically, because the rends of "what was cool looking" shifted into wheels of higher diameter and tires of lower sidewall profile, we are being bilked out of our old options. Sidewall height versus flex can be argued, but I still can't see wheels larger than 16" on a Z, and 15 is really the biggest size that is "right" to me.

As far as value... I see lots and lots of sets of wheels that are more fashionable NOT sell on craigslist for less than you are asking, but tires alone can make or break that price. Personally, I like the rims alot but I am not in the market, and that price would be too high even if I were.

That's a decent price, I'm in the middle of restoring a set of 16x7 +24/16x8 +24 BBS RS's that were originally off of a 280Z (emailed BBS USA and gave them the wheel codes 'caus I was curious :) . They are obviously 4x114.3 but have a 4x100 pattern drilled in them, too. They'll be going on my '88 MR2, but I plan on selling that soon and picking up a 240Z soon.

Here's a few pics of them for anyone interested, they're simply beautiful wheels, definitely my favorite old school wheels of all time:

centers still need paint:

0708091639.jpg

fitment on the rear of my MR2 :icon6::icon6::icon6::icon6::icon6:

CIMG5330.jpg