HybridZ

240z Suspension update! - lots O pics!

i do have a 10" spring.

i had someone else section but i noticed that the MR2 insert is maybe an 1/8 if not less lower to allow room for the cap of the strut housing to screw down completely. Also, just in-case you didn't know the front 240z inserts were used in the rear.

Also, the hole on the top strut hat for the MR2 inserts up front had to be drilled to make a an O from the D shaped hole. I was a little stumped when i was getting ready to put everything together and noticed the top hat didn't fit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man... I know that fronts will go to the rear. I am going the same route as you with zg flares. Do you have enough travel in the struts with the lowered height with the perch collar welded where it is? And how low you going with your ride height? Sorry to ask so many questions man... just asking you with your experience.

any word about the struts?

well i don't have the car running at all, no engine, tranny, or anything really so i couldnt tell you much on travel. i have the springs sitting at the lowest point they can be at. when i put the 17"s over the other rims it definitely looked like i neded to raise it at least an inch BUT once i get my engine, tranny and 260lb self in the car i will definietly have to raise it much more.

when i try to make the car jump, it doesnt at all. it goes down as far as i can push it and then right back up and stops. Pretty damn stiff.

sorry i can't really be much help on this but i know there are a lot of other people using this same spring weight and struts.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
how you doing man, sorry to bump old thread, just had a question, are you using any type of bump steer spacers? My set up is almost exactly like yours..

sorry for the late reply. they're actually making me work at work now!!!!:evil: haha

I'm doing pretty good, been trying to finish painting the 240z but thanks to this so-cal rain i have to wait even longer. my luck, the week i am scheduled and ready to FINALLY paint my car, we get a week of rain.

as for the bump steer spacers i think i will be going with these from Arizona Z company. i like how they combined both the bump steer spacer and the steering knuckle. I want to use it for a shared DD so i thought it would be nice to make the steering a little smoother.

knucke4.jpg

it's located at the bottom of the this page.

http://arizonazcar.com/lowarms.html

I also just picked up front and rear strut bars as well as a roll bar.

Is your Z up and running?

not yet man =( finally getting my brakes ready to be installed, but this rain is holding me back too. I got my coilovers installed, hopefully by Monday i can get the brakes on also. here is how my set up is looking and current photo of my car.

IMG_6506.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

as you can see, still on jack stands

yes sir, i went for that color. mine is more of a creamy pearl grey.

that is a nice pearl color. i'm going for a pearl myself. i actually went in to buy my paint yesterday and well got there couldnt make up my mind, AGAIN. this is like one of the hardest choices i have to make when it come to my Z.

• 2 weeks later...