HybridZ

possible injectors/megasquirt ???

kelltainer

I have seen people on here are using buick regal injectors and some others from different vehicles. Which vehicles can I get the injectors for that will fit in a L28e?

Also If i keep my 83 NA engine and turbo it can i just use mega squirt and tune the way I want without gettign the zxt ecu? With hondata it doesnt matter the ecu as long as you get the s300 version. I have tried to find some of this and couldnt =(. Im going through all of my options right now I have some turbo volvo injectors(green tops) that I got about 6-8 months ago to try and get them to fit my honda but decided not to. I am going to try them tomorrow and see if they will fit up.

Thanks!

So you are buying MegaSquirt to fit your injectors? Do you even know what size they are? Do you know what size the L28ET's injectors are?

You really need to search. There is an extensive thread about what injectors will fit the EV-1 connectors that the Bosch L-Jetronic system uses.

You mentioned Hondas, Megasquirt, L28E, turbo, and ZXT ECU all in the same post. You are the perfect stereotype of a newb :icon56:

yessir i wont deny it. nissans are a lot different than what I am used to. I was wanting to know if I get megasquirt can I bypass buying the zxt ecu like you can on hondas. I do think that is a valid question seeing as when I type megasquirt into the search it hasnt been producing many results....

instead of flaming why not be productive and help? I have typed in injectors, buick regal, buick, l28e injectors, 280zx injectors and I havent gotten any of the great information you say is on here. I bet the information is on here but i couldnt find it and I was/have been looking for a while.

No I am not buying megasquirt to fit my injectors....Not to be a dick but you obviously didnt read what I wrote very carefully. Yes I should have split the Megasquirt and injector section up =(.

Thanks for the Help!

No I am not buying megasquirt to fit my injectors....Not to be a dick but you obviously didnt read what I wrote very carefully. Yes I should have split the Megasquirt and injector section up =(.

Thanks for the Help!

Um... I read it twice. I was baffled how you bypassed the ENTIRE megasquirt section of this very website. [Read the stickies first]

http://forums.hybridz.org/forumdisplay.php?f=88

There is also a turbocharger section

http://forums.hybridz.org/forumdisplay.php?f=70

I have no idea what you were searching for but I also just wrote this very basic write up for turbo'ing your N/A L28E

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=153195

Sorry to be off-putting but there is no spoon feeding here.

If it makes you feel better here is my first [and quite newbish] post, at least you weren't a prick like I was haha.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=139635

... I do think that is a valid question seeing as when I type megasquirt into the search it hasnt been producing many results....

instead of flaming why not be productive and help? I have typed in injectors, buick regal, buick, l28e injectors, 280zx injectors and I havent gotten any of the great information you say is on here. I bet the information is on here but i couldnt find it and I was/have been looking for a while.

Incorrect sir.

Basic knowledge type information is usually pretty easy to find here with searching. I'm pretty sure there is a sticky or faq talking about injectors. In fact I think there is either a link to or a large list of potential injector swaps floating around here somewhere.

I also guarantee if you search just "megasquirt" you'll get about a bazillion results.

The supercharged Regal and Grand Prix injectors are in fact EV-1 connectors, but are only about 350cc, and use 15mm o-rings... FWIW. I just happen to have a Regal, so I know :P

Yes do you feel it.. do you feel the love!. I to was flamed, told to open my eyes and look. Its just love baby.. LOVE lol

Everyone is just mad at their cars dont take it personally...

Anyway if you first open hybrid you will notice mid way down a section that says MEGASQUIRT ^^^ yes I say flat gave you the link.

Also another helpful thing is I found by putting in the tiny numbers of the injector and putting like "543212345 CC rating?" on google it found me a couple sites that list like 200 injectors, their flow rates and if they are High or Low imp.

So!! Furthermore yes there are tons of injectors. and alot can be made to fit with some custom fabrication and alot will just fit maybe with a different rubber seal. Which can be found as well all over from hardware stores to parts stores. Just bring them the injectors and size up hosing/seals/clamps.

I found boring bit for $40 at my local parts store that with good hand eye Co-Ord. I was able to increase the injecotr inlet hole on my manifold by a couple mill wide and a couple mill deep just enough to fit a different type of injector.

I also started buying Bi-Metal Circle cut blades, drill bit sets, and steel to fabricate tons of things. basically you can make anything if you just sit down look at what your tryign to do then try,try,try again and sooner or later you have your own custom made stuff. Fun process unless of course your welder decides to be a piece of Sh*T and you throw it across your garage and smash it with your 5 pound hammer until its guts are exposed and sparks are flying and you set some shop towels on fire...... but thats another story for another day...

just scroll through the posts and you can usually find everything you need in here, and if you dont.... Build it!:mrgreen:

16692_thumb.attach

Guest Rolling Parts
I was wanting to know if I get megasquirt can I bypass buying the zxt ecu like you can on hondas. I do think that is a valid question seeing as when I type megasquirt into the search it hasnt been producing many results....

OK, quite obviously you have never built and installed a Megasquirt system before.

Be a professional and go to the Megasquirt site (or DIYAutotune) before asking what is already listed in the most basic FAQ's. That's WHY there are FAQ's, to avoid the clutter of re-posting of common information. It's not personal, the FAQ's are there for a reason.

As far as replacing injectors on an L28e, take 2.3 seconds to "google" up everything you need to know. Be reasonable and do the background work yourself. Don't ask people to do your searches for you, that's just disrespectful.

Lastly, you might want to give a hint as to what year your vehicle is and what block/piston/head combination is in it. People (like yourself) tend to go swap crazy on these cars so if you want better answers, give better information on the project.

To answer your question as I understand it: DON'T BUY anything and DON'T INSTALL anything. Do your research and decide where you want to go and THEN buy your injectors that will do the job. Pretty much every part in an EFI system has to be matched up so injectors are only one piece to consider. To quote Megaquirt MegaManual: "There are a large number of considerations, options, and independent hardware paths that may suit you and your vehicle, but only you know your wants, needs, and abilities... Experimental means that YOU are responsible for sorting out some details of your fuel injection that are specific to your application."

not to be mean but i searched for megasquirt and didnt find any of that ;).

I did do a google search....I id post my year and that I am NA.....geez, lol.

I did list my injector into google and they didnt pop up anything =(, I typed in everything I could think of for injector and didnt get anything back. I am learning about these cars so certain keywords I may not know to put in there to searh with. However somethings I do know and put in and I didnt find anything =(. I guess what I may need to do is go through all 12 pages....I think we need to get the search revised though. that megasquirt thread is awesome and should pop up in the first page of results whenever you type in megasquirt.

Thanks for all the info guys! I dont expect spoon feeding =D I do get frustrated whenever I search for over a couple hours and dont find what I need. Thanks for the help though!!!!

guess what I may need to do is go through all 12 pages

That is it, you have discovered why you are having trouble searching. You need to dig. When I started with my turbo swap I looked more than 40 pages deep into the search and was able to find gold. It took a few hours, but then the swap went very easy. 12 pages of search results is very little to read through IMO. The best info is in the stickies, but we can't sticky every thread so take some time to look up the rest, it is there.