HybridZ

Audi FMIC using stock Jpipe cut up And DRAG RACE!

RUZN

SO last night I was messing around with Ideas to mount a smaller FMIC that the huge one I bought. I went to wrecker and found a Audi Turbo 1989 and noticed the FMIC was of decent size and very thick and had Same Side Exit Soooo...

Heres after about an Hour of messing around using stock Jpipe ont he 280zxt and now Im back to work this morning finishing the last couple pieces.. should work fairly good.

I am using the front Air Dam for the Lean and going to use a piece of 2" Wide x 1/4" thick steel bar as the Mount on the right side of FMIC to the front lower part of the Rad Support beam.

Pics of what is so far the idea.

Front FMIC_thumb.jpg

inside engbay FMIC_thumb.jpg

002_thumb.jpg

Engine bay Audi FMIC_thumb.jpg

001_thumb.jpg

Yes good old 2" to 3" expanded pipe to 60MM 240sx Throttle body! Muhahaha

So on student budget here we go Price breakdown:

Weld stick $14

Large cut off wheel $5

10' Exhaust Pipe 2" $26

Clamps $10

Rubber hose Reinforced $ 30

FMIC Wrecker $20

Titanium coated drill bits $24.99 (on sale)

Electrical tape $3

Total Build: $132.99 and the knowlegde at least I'll be running a bit cooler =-)

16822_thumb.attach

16823_thumb.attach

16824_thumb.attach

16825_thumb.attach

16826_thumb.attach

So since I have had this sputter problem before.. I am now going to pretty much cleanup all wiring... ughhhh!!!

But hey at least it will look nice and clean and be a bit better to work on.!

Hopefully with the different O2 Sensor installed. The intercooler installed. The wiring cleaned up Everything will run smooth!

Now dose anyone know which pins to wire in the 3Pin O2 sensor to on the ECU with the 300zxT ECU swap..

For one.

Because when I get back to work after schooling I have the exit tube going out the one side I want.

Two

When I tried to do it that way of course... It would not fit and trying to make 2 90o Bends that close to the frame was possible but would be very restricted.

This way the bends are more gradual, ease of flow man. thats all. its tight in that biatch

Also as I said I have a FMIC with opposite side exits that is like $500 and is friggin huge. Which I will mount when I am able to buy a bigger turbo Better injectors and such.

This was mainly to be able to mount a cheap but effective intercooling system so that I dont blow my car up LOL as the intake temps were getting fairly hot. I just want to see the difference mainly and I had some time to spare and I wanted to tinker and check the systems I did before out to see if anythign was breaking, malfunctioning ect ect..

Had a mouse eat into wiring so had to get in there anyway so made a short project out of it..

Boredom, Sputtering on red lights..... thought i'd try and fix some stuff. haha :mrgreen:

Oh and yes I still have the bungee on the other side now Slownrusty LOL just for you!!! =-) (I have mount made just thought Id see if you could see it.. kinda like wheres waldo... lol

So I went for a good rip all varieties of roads lots of hills and pushed her hard. No Failures!

Good thing lol

So now she gets an oil change tomorrow and Ill run this setup till schools over in 3 months!

Then I will actually put time and effort into a Good build for my MASSIVE FMIC!!

Intake plenum temp down 15oC !!! so not to shabby. And I noticed only about 1psi Drop in boost over all but she held hard and boosted to infinity and beyond! lol

So Budget Getto Build Victorious!

Oh and btw! a VG30DE motor o2 sensor works in our bungs!