HybridZ

2RZ swap???

turboHLS30

If I'm to be completely honest, I'd rather have the KA since it has an Iron block, and SR blocks have to be sleeved much above 600hp. The KA does have a better head, anyone that for a second thinks that forked rockers are more durable than direct acting cam on bucket doesn't really think that much. It's not a fully counterweighted crank, but with 400 more cc's, you don't have to spin it as fast for the same power.

What's so great about the SR20? It's JDM Tyte? It's not even that light for being an all alloy motor.

...Back on topic.

As much as I'm against 4 cylinder cars in principle and practice, a big RZ motor would be one of the few I'd think about. They put out silly amounts of power and have lots of torque. They're some of the few motors that could consistently pick fights with the factory Ecotec teams in pro FWD.

Here's the post I had on the same subject a while back, some good info in it: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115921

I'm still thinking about this swap myself, I still have a 36 mile commute, and I drive my wife's car because it gets better gas mileage than my Silverado.... it gets like 25-26mpg, which isn't bad, but isn't the 35 I used to get in my Civic.

I'm guessing with a stock 2rz with just an air filter and a 2" exhaust I'd get probably 30mpg and probably mid 14's. Those motors have serious torque, especially in a 3200lb truck... so imagine what a 2200lb Z would be like. Best of both worlds... and even at higher power levels would probably still beat 25mpg.

I've thought about going 3rz because of the fact there are much more of them out there, and they're still in newer Tacomas....

Dunno, this is something I can't seem to stop kicking around... :)