HybridZ

Front speakers encloures?

aziza z

I need a better mounting solution for front speakers for the front of the 75. Ive seen people with custom enclosures that fit in the front foot areas of the s30 chassis. Does anyone have an extra set? My freands 260z 2+2 came with square enclosures in those areas. Dont know what z cars came with those but ill settle for those. Show me what you have and how much you want.

4x6s will go in the panel where the door hinges bolt on I used 2 pieces of 3/8 thick osb and carpeted them and recessed them in with infinty 4x6 sound great moves staging forward and are out of sight and mind we did have to mount two small soft dome tweets at corners of windshield for staging

I put my 5 1/4 " 3 way speakers in the ceiling using a plastic pipe roofing insulator hardware store $5.00 thing. It slips between the roof skin and the side metal pieces.

It hangs down and it is a perfect fit for the speakers. They look like they were professionally made.

They don't really interfere with vision and I have bumped my head but only once or twice.

Why did I do it?

You cannot beat the sound quality. Speakers in doors or the center console are okay but they get blocked by my legs so they are virtually useless.

If you want I'll post pix.

My plan so far has been to hold one of the speakers up there and say" yep that'l fit".

When I get the 3D work done on them I'll know more. There is a local fiberglass guy here who I may talk to about producing them. I haven't even started any design work yet.

Derek

Another idea I had was to mount the same size speakers from the ceiling on a strip of wood running between the seats from front to back.

Back in the day there was a company which made a "roof console" that had lights and other bells and whistles made to be mounted from the ceiling of an s-30 in the same spot.

There's more than enough room there, it would be interesting to see done...

Derek let me know when you get going on this. Id be down for a set.

I was also reading some stuff with the sound compitition crowd. Doesnt seem to hard to make. They start out with a wood frame staple an old t shirt to give it bends over the wood. Then soak that in resin and fiberglass from there. Been playing with the idea of giving it another go with that route. Ill post an update on here if I do. Got to look into it more.