HybridZ

Rb25-sidedraft.help.

DevilZ69

Ok so i have decided to go down this path, the carb path. i know that its impractical,time consuming, and what not.but its GORGEOUS and i wont really race the car, just want to achieve that ROAR and the "Wow" factor.moving on.and its just that i dont want to go down the common path(i dont mean anything bad, turbo rb's are the best respectively) i just want to be different.:mrgreen:

1910587456_10102009_1.jpg

Simply Amazing..

Can you please feed me information on how this setup would work?

what things do i have to have custom built(headers,intake,etc) and what brand of carb and size do you recomend? ANY inputs would be REALLY appreciated guys.

thanks to all!

mark.

:shock: I am not a carb guy, yet I think that is sexy.

You may have to write the book on this one, that's strait JDM, at least that's the only place I have seen it done.

Good luck with the build. Sorry I cannot give any good advice, but I think you should do it.

I've heard of Japanese Cefiro and non-turbo Skyline RBs in the tuner underground being fitted with 6x GSXR carbs from the pre-EFI Suzuki GSXR 600, 750 and 1000 bikes.

That might be a bit easier, they made a flange to bolt to the head that the GSXR carbs bolt to.

Looks pretty killer, that perticular setup is on an RB20 from the looks of the front cover. Have you thought about ITB fuel injected instead of carbs, also another possibility. Maybe get an RB26 ITB intake manifold and get some custom velocity stacks instead of the plenum. Make a head flange adapter and run it on some sort of MAP based ECU. I remember somone making a flange already so its doable and it will give you a nice modern fueling system. I can't imagine how nice it would sound with a light flywheel on throttle blips.... kinda wish I built one now lol.

Im sure it would SOUND awesome,lol.Hopefully the project will push through, though im pretty sure that it will, i need all the info i could gather to be able to complete this build.

the number one questions that lingers in my head is that, can i get a custom manifold inorder for the carbs to fit? or just cut the existing manifold intake and weld a piece in the manifold inorder for the carbs to be bolted on?1311556334_10112009_1.jpg

I think i saw a guy did this but i myself am not so sure.

Thanks.!

mark.

Thanks man, the sound is indeed divine haha, its beautiful. im not really after the power but improving the engine response would be a tad lovely, im going to do it slowly cause the cost would be massive if i am to do it all at the same time, for now im on the process of having my self an rb25 non turbo and i think found a guy that would get me some straight from japan.so yeah, haha wish me luck on this build.

I did the same thing you are wanting to do except I used Weber bolt pattern throttle bodies. I just modified the original RB intake manifold and welded on Weber shaped plates that where water-jet cut from 8mm alloy plate. Similar to the previous post about cutting a G-Reddy manifold. They are very close from original. All up cost was around AU$300 but the trickiest part was setting up the throttle linkage. I have a youtube video of it when I had it running. They do make manifolds in Japan; if you can find one, bonus!

I think MSD make a system to work with the original RB CAS because there is no spot for a distributor so you will have to make a system to run without one. I just ran 3 coil packs (but with a Wolf V500 to run it all) but MSD unit can run the coils instead of an ECU. Just have to research!