HybridZ

New to tuning

GOTHALOSISM

I'm new to tuning MS and for some reason something does not "feel" right. So if one of you guru's can take a quick look at my msg. and datalog to give me some pointers I would be greatfull.

Setup is

82 f54 block

76 N42 head (just untill i get my p90a rebuilt)

Stock turbo

MSA down pipe

Narrow band O2

Manual boost controller

FMIC

MS&S 1 v3.57

s25.zip

A wide band is an absolute must. I am sorry you even spent money on the Narrow band. It reads from 13 to 15 AFR, so about the only thing its good for is a light show.

I will admit, when I boosted my first car, I had a narrow band gauge, needless to say that engine is no longer with us.

I suggest either buying a wide band or taking your car to a tuner and have them tune it.

Oh, and Congrats on your Megasquirt install. That is am accomplishment in and of its self.

I'm having issues with my wideband right now and I've not even attempted to try and tune it any further until I get the issues worked out [or buy a new sensor].

If the car is running, then just use whatever ignition setup you have, and get the wideband before anything else. It's a crap shoot without one.

Couple of questions -

What is your SCR with the F54/N42 [i'm assuming the F54 is a turbo short block],

and what does 'not feel right' mean?

What are you using for spark? [i assume the 83 ZXT dizzy?]

I can send you my maps if you want to try them out. I've got a 8.7:1 SCR with my N/A F54/P79 motor, I've given it hell the past hundred or so miles and haven't blown anything up, yet. It's still pretty rich and I'm using Mike's original Spark tables, but otherwise it works really well.

Do you have any issues with MS reseting? If not I'd like to see a picture of your engine bay to see what I did wrong :)