HybridZ

My Bro and his new Buell

cygnusx1

He was so upset to hear that Harley closed the Buell factory that he had to go out and buy a tenth bike! Yes, he and his wife share 10 bikes. His last Buell was about as fast as my Z. I think I will need more help to keep up with this one! It is very light, under 400lbs, and has about 150hp.

This one has a Rotax engine in it.

690541175_3VGUK-XL.jpg

690541232_4UoSi-XL.jpg

690541287_YswXk-XL.jpg

690541357_FCVT4-XL.jpg

I had a 1995 Buell S-2 Thunderbolt that I bought new, actually my wife bought it for me. :mrgreen: sold it years ago to a member here who ended up nearly being killed by a blue hair in a Toyota Land cruiser :(

Not very fast as far as sport bikes go, but it was a wheelie machine and super fun to ride, the 1125R in Cygnusx1's pictures is the real deal, very very fast, if a little weird looking. I heard one with an aftermarket exhaust the other day and WOW... sounds great and super loud! Nice bike.

I've never been a fan of the looks of the 1125R but I've always thought that Buell has been notable for going against the grain and not being afraid to try new things. Having a few friends that have ridden this beast, it really is silly fast. Liter bikes are quick and all but the bottom end on these Rotax engines cant be ignored. For the street, I think that the ability of a big twin to haul around a bike on the street is hard to beat.

I kinda have a soft spot for the ol' Suzuki TL1000R, even if it was a bit of a tractor.

Buell really upped the anty with this bike. They got tired of heavy slow accelerating Harley motors and wanted a fast, reliable motor. In comes the Rotax. They are really good motors and Aprilla has been using them for quite a while. I kinda like the looks since they are soooooo different than everyone else. Tell your brother to enjoy.

let me tell you, under 400lbs and 150hp is VERY fast. I had a 2001 GSXR 1000 that made about 140ish?? hp I could sit on the gas tank with my legs over the windshield and pull a wheelie in 2nd at 60mph and I weigh about 235lbs. Your Z will need some pretty good power:mrgreen:

Beautiful bike!!!!

I cannot stand Buells. I rode one for a day that we had on consignment at the motorcycle shop. It was a Ulysses XB12 I think, it was the last one made with a HD motor (or something I dont remember why it was so special other than it was signed by some important Harley people). Never again will I ride one. The vibration was so bad that after 15 minutes my hands and feet were numb, but I guess thats what you get when you buy a bike made by HD. I havent ridden a new one with the Rotax motor. But I rode my boss's Tuono for a few days and it was amazing

But besides Aprilia I am very biased towards Japanese bikes (and cars for that matter)....

Edited by SoCalJack
I cant typed good