HybridZ

burned subaru parked on my street

Jesse OBrien

doesnt apear to have burnt in that spot. There should be a lump of melted plastic on the ground where the front end melted off.

It looks like it was already wrecked and the hood and bumper were gone, there is a puddle of tire there though.

:mrgreen: @ Josh's alternator comment

Easy way to get a core. :mrgreen:

This thing started an engine fire, and it's all that's left! Look, it's even melted around the outside. Not only do I want a refund, I want a new car!

It was gone today though. Thankfully I spent most of my day in the garage, and finally have it back to myself (there were two extra cars that weren't mind in there up until now).

Subaru never fixed my leaky fuel line under the intake manifold, that was dripping onto the turbo. They said it was not a safety issue and that it would not be fixed outside of warranty or under a recall. Subaru issued a TSB and made some customers pay to fix it, and gave some customers grace, depending on their mood, and the dealerships discretion.

There were about 3000 complaints filed to the NTSB by WRX owners. I drove it leaky for years and hoped it would burn someday. It never did, but when my son was born, I had to have it repaired due to the fumes in the cabin. Subaru charged me $400 for the TSB repair. It was all because of loose hose clamps on the fuel rail under the intake manifold and a poor rail design. It leaked from about 50K miles to 120K miles when I had it fixed.

This guy probably got a better deal than I did.

2,625 posts! AND COUNTING --Burn it dammit!!!!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131755

Oh BTW I hounded the NTSB and they told me that the case was opened, and closed. No further investigation was being made. WOW.