HybridZ

Miata coilovers on my 260z?

Ok basically I have some apexi N1 EXV coilovers left over from my miata and well I was wundering could I use these on my z. I know id need a threaded sleeve for them to thread into but were can I find one of these? I was thinking I could just chop the miata ones when then I realized the sleeves are aluminum. and those wouldnt weld verry well to the oe shock inserts sleeves which I believe are steel. Does anyone know were I could find the correct sized sleeves that i could weld on so I can install these?The coilovers are 8/6 spring rates and im not certain what most of you run but I also have some 11/9 if those are to soft.Please only help wanted. I dont want to hear about just buy whats for sale . I want to do something a bit different and only looking for actual help.

• Administrators
I know id need a threaded sleeve for them to thread into but were can I find one of these?

Try Beta Motorsports, Ground Control, Speedway, Lefthander Chassis, etc.

I was thinking I could just chop the miata ones when then I realized the sleeves are aluminum. and those wouldnt weld verry well to the oe shock inserts sleeves which I believe are steel.

I'm not familiar with the Miata stuff you speak of, but most vendors provide aluminum threads/nuts. They aren't normally welded in.

Does anyone know were I could find the correct sized sleeves that i could weld on so I can install these?

Keep in mind the strut tube diameter is different between early and late 260Z. Make sure you get the threaded tubes that fit your strut tubes (measuring them would be the safest bet).

Ok no thats not the kind of stuff im looking for. Im thinking more of the things called ADAPTER SLEEVES

on arizona z car . so basically I have everything except those to make my miata coilovers work.

these are what Im looking for

FRONTFIT2.jpg

I e-mailed them to see if I can just purchase those from them.no response yet
Dave will reply - I purchased a set of just the threaded parts for my setup as I sold my 240z and kept the coilovers then I wanted to install these on my 260z (your 280z shell/suspension setup we never got the S30 with L28 here) so I needed some new weld on's so I could put these in the correct location for the taller rear struts.