HybridZ

NA vs Turbo head bolts

jacob80

What's the difference here? Is there any way to distinguish between the two? Also, are there any differences between the washers? Thanks

Supposedly the turbo ones are stronger or something. There isn't a way to check either, they both have the same length and number of bolts.

Depending on your application, if you feel that it is absolutely necesary to have an accurate torque reading then buy some ARP studs. Its $100-something for them. Otherwise you can get a new set of bolts for $70 I think I saw, or just buy used.

Perhaps I'm just going a little crazy because its so late. I use my old L24 bolts to hold our datsun motors on the engine stand. Once we are ready to add a crank and stuff to them we move the engine over to a stand where it mount from the side rather than from the rear, this way its more stable and it won't topple over so easily. Plus the side mount stand has the nice rotate thing on it.

Not the headbolts for the LD28, as they are 12mm instead of 10mm. You are probably thinking about the main bearing cap bolts, which do fit, and are stronger.

Headbolts from the ZX turbo are a little stronger, but look identical to the original Z and ZX-non turbo headbolts. There are no distinguishing characteristics that could be seen with the eye.

Not the headbolts for the LD28, as they are 12mm instead of 10mm. You are probably thinking about the main bearing cap bolts, which do fit, and are stronger.

This is correct. I have the LD28 main bearing cap bolts on my L28ET, they take more torque than the regular bolts.