HybridZ

Youtube video of dry ice blasting on a 240z!!

proxlamus©

We use a CO2 blaster at work for final cleaning of parts. We refer to it as a snow job.

It wont remove rust in anyway but removes finger prints and the such very well. To be able to remove paint must involve a lot more presuure!

as hard the paint is, you would imagine it knocking off the rust just like sand. my sand blaster does not even come close to this. that must a be a new one using dry ice? never seen it before.

After seing this earlier this afternoon, I contacted the one and only company utilizing this method in San Diego for more info. It was mentioned to me that they blast at around 125psi, if memory serves me correctly, sand blasting requires 90ish psi and not so good for thin s30 metal. I'm sure the dry ice gives more than sand, but thats some force behind it.

It looks more like soda blasting where the metal is not deformed at all. In fact it is as smooth as when it was molded. If it is like soda blasting it does nothing to remove rust. You have to spot blast the rust spots with sand to remove rust. Nice part about dry ice is that there residue that needs to be removed like with soda.

I rented one and it cost about $400 for the weekend for media and all, and yes it will remove rust.

I just talked to a guy out of Memphis, he said to rent the equipment was $950 a week, $3300 a month (which, I guess is along the same price lines just longer periods of time). Did you go through a local guy, Sparks, or did you have to send out for it? I can't seem to find any rental options on my coast.