HybridZ

Question about CA 240z for sale

Hi all,

I am hoping for some help or if anyone knows any information about this 240z for sale on eBay.

http://my.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1

(he has changed the price right now for me to stop it from selling till I give him a answer)

The car is in CA right now and I may in Virginia. I was wondering if anyone has seen this car before. From the eBay listing it looks like it is really good condition, need a little bit of work but I am not planning on a full restoration. I am going to make it a track car, different motor, trans, etc.

From the listing the car is currently in Orange, Ca.

Also anyone have any advise or questions I should ask him.

I am guessing that the link was intended to go to this car. It's the only 240Z currently for sale on ebay in CA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Datsun-240z-original-California-nissan-z_W0QQitemZ230407168500QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item35a55661f4#ht_924wt_1165

Hi all,

I am hoping for some help or if anyone knows any information about this 240z for sale on eBay.

http://my.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1

(he has changed the price right now for me to stop it from selling till I give him a answer)

The car is in CA right now and I may in Virginia. I was wondering if anyone has seen this car before. From the eBay listing it looks like it is really good condition, need a little bit of work but I am not planning on a full restoration. I am going to make it a track car, different motor, trans, etc.

From the listing the car is currently in Orange, Ca.

Also anyone have any advise or questions I should ask him.

If You have $5k to spend I will sell you my z for $2200 and you can ship it to virginia.

Well thats a much better price, I still wouldn't buy that one but I do live in Cali so I have much more to choose from. If I were you, I would check out the car that hoov100 said he'd sell you first. the car on ebay doesn't look like its in the greatest condition. probably has a bunch of rust that we cant see in pictures...

Buying a car online scares me. I went and looked at least 10 Z's when I was looking for mine and I saw so many pieces of rusty crap that you couldnt believe. Even the ones that said they were Ca only cars, always garaged, or no rust were all crap. I would keep looking local if it is a option.

The rear control is messed up but he has a replacement one that comes with the car.

:icon45: I get that it's messed up, but have you seen a S30 rear LCA? You'd have to really bugger something bad to need it to be replaced.

I don't know, I'd try to find something close. I spent almost a year looking for an S30.

*edit* Are you moving to California?? It's going to be a fortune to ship, you can find a decent car closer to you, I promise.

:icon45: I get that it's messed up, but have you seen a S30 rear LCA? You'd have to really bugger something bad to need it to be replaced.

I don't know, I'd try to find something close. I spent almost a year looking for an S30.

*edit* Are you moving to California?? It's going to be a fortune to ship, you can find a decent car closer to you, I promise.

I doubt he can find a rust free shell in VA. Sure, it's possible, but not really likely. Shipping probably won't be as much as you think. Personally, I plan on going the CA or AZ car route as soon as I can afford it. One that's spent it's whole life there, that is, as I've actually had both an AZ and CA car, both rusty :icon45: