HybridZ

1977 280z Daily Driven Project

Well, I got to drive it and the steering wheel moves a bit more, the wheels could be bent but I did the balance (they did balance out) without a heat gun in the cold so I think I lost a tape weight on one, if not both, front wheels. Tomorrow after I am off I am going to rebalanced the front because it didn't do this right after putting them on but it did today. I do know one of the tape weights didn't stick very well so this is probably the issue. Might be getting 240z bumpers soon but we will see.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a little more investigating, I have the same rims as you, just sandblasted so it doesn't have the black/chrome. lol its a small world. Just make sure to keep them balanced often, mine like to toss any weights I put on them

The lugs are a pain too they like to loosen up, I hope you re torque them often. I work at a tire store, I plan to keep them balanced. =P tape weight aren't nice, especially in the cold. We literally boil the glue to get them to stick, but they don't throw after that, and if they do we use all purpose cement for them (no this doesn't damage the wheels)

Looks like I am going to get some 240z bumpers for FREE! I just need to make the 3 hour drive to pick them up and then the materials to make mounts, I am going to use the stock 280z bumper strut mounts onto the mount points for the 240z bumper on the front and the tow hook mounts for the rear I think. I will be looking up the rear one. Front will go on first as I want the looks bad. the rear will go on when I can figure out how I want to mount it. I am told they aren't in great shape so I am probably gonna do my best to make them look alright and then just spray paint them with high quality silver unless the chrome is good enough to just leave them that way for a while.

One of my injectors has a needle sided hole in the tubing where it mounts to the fuel rail and is spraying out gas. I want to replace all 6 if I replace one, I won't be going used unless they are reman. I would like to do something to at least slow the leak for now, any ideas? I don't have the $ to order a new set, or what injectors will work with the stock fuel rail that I can get rid of the stock holders and such? Maybe there is a write up, I am going to look

i'm from the VW croud, We sand bag em, chop em, just plain old drop em.

haha, down and out :trippen:

HAHA, I already have enough ghetto on this car, I don't need anymore. when you have tar crap and pop rivets holding your floors together you can understand how i feel .

Yes well, I am "fixing" my injector. I just got some black RTV and I just smeared it on the injector tubing that clamps the the fuel rail where it is smooth and fills in the dry rotted cracked areas. Hopefully this fix will work till I can get a set of new injectors. I also got new injector clips so I can put a new clip on it. Some had tried to fix the leak by just putting another clip over the leak but that obviously didn't work, I imagin' it did for like a few months but then it just started leaking again. I also think this will do the same but I just need a few months until I can afford a new set. Either that or I can go turbo and just run a new fuel rail and injectors and everything for a turbo setup.

Well guys, I just sent the payment for the APC seat that came up for sale on here but the payment said it won't clear till the 8th! Can't wait to get my new seat though, should be a big difference for my comfort and safety being its more of a "racing style" seat. Mounting shouldn't be to hard as it has rails on it I will just need to make a couple brackets.

welcome to my monday morning on a daily basis

HAHAHAHA! Drive the tundra in that, its a PITA driving in that, I almost got stuck, had no traction spun all the way to 4th when it finally decided to start moving forward. 5+ inches after I got to school. Everything is frozen now, big chunks of ice. That's all the roads are.

Gotta love the Z car, but they don't do beans in the snow and ice. WOW, I didn't think NM got snow! I am envious. Only rain here in Oregon. :cry:

haha yeah, Im from washington and rain is common..

Notsure: yeah, You just gotta know how to drive in the snow :ass: