HybridZ

GT35R vs t3/t67

B00STDZ

That kind of power rise in that little rpm is 'not' a good thing. The days of the on-off power switch have long been gone. Proper sizing of the Turbo will give you a N/A style linear drivability. It might be nice to feel it, but it's a bit of a handfull when doing technical driving.

Like the Pontiac ad says "wider is better"---this goes for boost margin, peaky engines are not the most practical. Might be fun, but power under the curve is better.

That kind of power rise in that little rpm is 'not' a good thing. The days of the on-off power switch have long been gone. Proper sizing of the Turbo will give you a N/A style linear drivability. It might be nice to feel it, but it's a bit of a handfull when doing technical driving.

Like the Pontiac ad says "wider is better"---this goes for boost margin, peaky engines are not the most practical. Might be fun, but power under the curve is better.

Didn't Pontiac also say "ribbed for her pleasure"? I mean that is what all the plastic body cladding was about in the '90s, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Like the tech at Precision Turbo said " what do you plan on doing with the car". I plan on drag racing the car and doing some street driving, not using the car for Auto X or roadracing the T67 would be ill suited for that application. If you are planning on drag racing the car or would like to stand a snowballs chance in hell in a roll on vs. a supercar the T67 is a great choice esp. with a ball bearing center section IMO.

Reading through this topic I was wondering when someone would get around to mentioning application. Both my mates RB30ET and my VG30DET have GT35R turbos, we do circuit racing where response is everything yet the engine must also be able to rev out with power to over 7000 RPM. Both our cars have MoTec ECU's which enables mappable boost control. The difference is my turbo has the 1.06 back housing, his has the has the smaller .8?. We both use the same tuner, its clear from both data logging and on track performance that the smaller housing is the more suitable for a three liter engine in this application.

So it seems obvious to me what the choice would be for a L28 in any application where response and controlability is crucial.