HybridZ

Does this look right? Frame question?

I've been looking to purchase a 240Z and i've come across afew but they are about 4 hrs drive away. I've got the owner to send me a couple pics of the frame first so i don't waste my time driving to see them and it's been awhile since i've seen a good 240z frame so i wanted to ask if anything looks out of place on these pics. Thanks for any and all help.

zcarstuff-05.jpg

zcarstuff-04.jpg

When I lived in Vancouver, I drove 6 hours to Portland to see the first of my 510's and I flew to Boise Idaho to see the second of my 510's....my 240Z was local (lucky). If you are serious about buying the best car you can....make the drive and look at it for yourself. Only then can you truly be content and confident in your decision making.

I'll fly across the country if it means getting the right car. 4 hours is nothing to drive these days.

good luck in your search.

BTW- Did you see the nice green 240Z for sale in Surrey? It's an auto but that is an easy swap and his car is pretty darn clean.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the advice and i was more worried about the first pics, just kinda seemed odd for some reason. I'll be stripping the car down to metal to rebuild it back up so i did'nt want some unknown issues to come up.

I have'nt seen the one in Surrey but i'll have to check it out. Thanks again for the advice and hopefully i'll be starting a new project in the next couple weeks.

YEah those Rails don't really look bad to me, and aside from the fact there's no undercoating it's looking pretty easy to clean up and seal.. tho the rails aren't the only place to be looking for rust. look in the front wheel wells above the tension bars, you want it to be solid all around there. and also look in the rear hatch, the deck, and tirewell, both get rust there, can be a pain to fix. but so far, not expecting too much more. but more picts always help, n don't buy anything site unseen, unless you want to buy my car :) hehe