HybridZ

New PC monitor

jbk240z

Santa was nice enough to bring me a new 23" flatscreen monitor. It is a Hannspree HF237.

Really bright, really wide.

Question: All the pics look a bit wide (stretched). I tried playing with the resolution settings a bit, then decided I should ask here before I screw something up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jason

^yup.

I'm gonna guess its 1080P which is 16:9. Your pics won't have been taken in 16:9 so they will appear stretched if you put them in 16:9. Just readjust the images in whatever program (windows picture viewer probably) you are viewing them. And don't set the background to stretch.

Have fun with all that screen real estate

^Thanks guys!

I set the resolution to 1920X1080, pics look much better now. However, the text size came out small. I played with the text adjustments and zoomed in to 125%. When I view the forums here and elsewhere it is all good, except for the toolbars, where the text is still small.

Any more ideas?

View the montior here: http://www.hannspree.com/US/product_detail.aspx?id=25977&c=25963

Thanks

Assuming you are using Windows...You should be able to go into Windows settings and increase the font size. I don't know exactly how to do it though.

Go to the desktop, Right click go to properties then after that go to the Appearance tab then at the bottom it should say "Font Size" and have a drop down bar then you can choose the size you want. I don't know if it works for the internet also and I am using windows XP so it might be different with Vista.

Edit: Tested it out and yes it works for your internet too, but not on the site itself just the browser.