HybridZ

WTB a rust free 280z shell in texas

youngblood

I want to by a 280z shell that has NO rust. New floor pans, frame rails and and the body work all done. I don't care about the paint as long as it has a coat of primer. I'd like if it had some reinforcements or a cage in it. I'm trying to build a budget street/track car but i don't have the skills or place to do all the metal and body work on the car I'm driving.

• 3 months later...
Guest russellcarey1

I want to by a 280z shell that has NO rust. New floor pans, frame rails and and the body work all done. I don't care about the paint as long as it has a coat of primer. I'd like if it had some reinforcements or a cage in it. I'm trying to build a budget street/track car but i don't have the skills or place to do all the metal and body work on the car I'm driving.

I will sell you this car body for $2000, no rust-through anywhere, (was in a garage for 15 years) less than 100,000 miles clear title, you can have the JTR v8 conversion parts, headers, exhaust, drive shaft, stock datsun radiator etc, There is a brake fluid leak, and the gas tank needs cleaned out. Im not sure when Ill be pulling the engine, I am going to try to sell it on craigs list for $3500, w/350/turbo350. the tags expire this month and I have a 72 el camino that needs an engine. here are some pictures i took last summer.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/russellcarey1/

I've got a perfect rust free shell, but from what i noted from his emails is he wants one with everything redone (ie rotted shell that had things replaced. My shell with a cage/rollbar installed would be far better, and alot cheaper than a car with over 2k worth of floor/frame repair. But what do i know i just have one of the most rust free shells out there but nobody wants to pay a reasonable price for it. Im not letting a perfect rust free roller (needing panels put on and motor/trans in) go for $500...you cant even buy replacement floor pans and rails for under 1k, Im asking and been asking 1500 for one of the few rust free (EVERYWHERE, floors,rails,rockers,rear 1/4's, ETC) cars that ive even seen or known of that if it had the panels, a cheap stock swap, and paint, would sell for 5-7k+ it just baffles me. Oh well you get what you pay for and people want CHEAP off the bat then figure out that "cheap" car ends up costing you more and more and more over time.

Youngblood, I recommend you reconsider the clean shells being offered to you. I understand your concern, but I think you're going overboard.

Also, although I haven't dealt with him, sticky seems to be a pretty honest seller.

Edited by rturbo 930