HybridZ

I think I'm giving up on the Z

S130Z

After dumping about 5k into the S130(MS-II, GT30R, cylinder head work, injectors, fuel rail, intercooler, parts car, and all new everything) for my turbo motor project, she blew the rings on me. Guess I should have compensated in my ring gap for the extra boost. I really don't have time and money to re-ring the engine as I work full time and am trying to save money for college.

I think I may get rid of her and get a good running car to get me through college. I may come back to the Z world in about 6 years when I have time and money. Or maybe I will suck it up and re-ring it, only thing is my parants are going to be madder than hell! (I really need to move out)

Guest Rolling Parts

Or, get a running L28 for $3-500 and save the project engine on a stand for later? Cheapest way to have a running car that's at least still a bit unusual/fun to drive. The stocker engine would also be reliable for 6+ years...

I'd also agree with keeping it:

* You're never going to get all of you money back out of it

* In stock form they are cheap and easy to maintain

* You won't have to go through the stresses of selling your baby, find another car, buy it, title it, etc etc.

* Driving a practical car is very overrated and you can do it when you're old and married. We're still in school, it's okay to make dumb decisions :D [i often wonder why I have two 2-seater coupes.]

Honestly, if it were me, I would just throw another long block in there and call it a day.

Guest Rolling Parts

I wish I was up there. I've done 3 engine swaps last year on different S30/130s and all within ~4 hours each time (by myself in an unheated hanger). Even an L24 or L26 would drop in with what you have and be a fun ride for dirt cheap (some L26's around here are essentially free).

Best of luck with the car & school!

I wish I was up there. I've done 3 engine swaps last year on different S30/130s and all within ~4 hours each time (by myself in an unheated hanger). Even an L24 or L26 would drop in with what you have and be a fun ride for dirt cheap (some L26's around here are essentially free).

Best of luck with the car & school!

Thanks man.

I also have the smallest garage in the world. I can't even stress how much of a pain it was doing the swap with about a foot and a half of space all the way around the car.

give me your paypal...seriously when would be the best time to come get it...i have a flat top motor laying around that will work just ducky that ill throw in the z along with the engine lift and have that shiiiiiit done in a few hours....ill even throw a hundred or so for a simple tune to get it back to tx. thanks

Just put a stock engine back in, I keep all my stock equipment so when smog comes around I just throw the stuff back in, I do it all myself in a day no problem. If money is the issue just sell something you own on ebay. EX. tv, game system, samurai sword. Anything, you will regret selling your car, trust me.

PS. If you have a turbo AFM, Ill buy it!

find a cheap engine Find a Z buddy in the general area where you are offer him some food maybe a part and rent a car for driving while the z is down or do it on a weekend. i'm sure a z guy wouldn't mind helping out another z owner.

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pts/1531633903.html

Don't know if you live around aberdeen or not but the guy might take an offer.

Well guys, Iv'e decided to keep it. Over a couple sets of knocking down some pins, a I friend convinced me we can do it at the shop I work at over the weekend. Sorry Sticky, I hve to back out of the offer.

While I have you guys reading, should I put in a new head gasket while I have it apart. The one I have in there is a factory Nissan head gasket and I've put about 1700 miles on it. I know it's prrobably a stupid question, but I'm very low on money at the moment.

Thanks for all the support!

Guest Rolling Parts

Great news !

Just get a new $25 FelPro head gasket at AutoZone. It will be 100x better than re-using even the best premium gasket. Don't ask how I know... :oops: