HybridZ

GC Camber Plate Install

I mounted mine in a similar fashion, with a duplicate steel plate on the underside. Instead of welding the allen head bolts to the bottom plate though, I just cut threads into the 1/4" steel plate and threaded the bolts in from the top.

It does make for a nicer looking install. GC goes to a lot of trouble to make such nice parts it seems a shame to cover them up.

I notice your parts came with a nice GC logo and, what looks like, double hole oval shaped washers for the adjustable section. I'm I right on the washers?

Dan, you are correct on the washers. They came with the plates. 1/4" plate with true studs is a good alternative to what I did. My method required a few less steps, but was not better than your method in any way. Different paths to the same result!

Thanks J., I was hoping to help clarify the install process, and cut down on the amount of searching required.

Mongo

Nice work. I enjoyed your photo sequence. My GC kit came with the aluminum plates also but I had 3/16 plate steel dupes made and welded in after all stock mounting was cut out. The welds were beveled and dressed. Nice to see a different approach. BTW the aluminum plates are for sale. Sorry for the solicitation but I couldn't control the urge!