HybridZ

Wheel fitment

Sonethirty

I know there is a wheel forum, but this is more zx specific. Anyone running something like a 15x8 -35?

I got a line on a very nice set, but I cannot find anything in the wheel forum with a fittment like this. Think I would need flares? Im thinking these should be pretty flush. Ive been looking for a wheel fitment guide but cannot find it. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the newb question.

I remember socal-s130 having something like this on his Z. They stuck out like crazy though.

Im staying away from any type of fender roll. I wouldnt give it a seconds thought on my old s13. Im too scared to mess up my Z trying something like that on it though.

15x10 -44 would be insanely awesome. Unfortunately 2k for a set of wheels is not in my budget. lol.

lol 2k for a set of wheel that size...

anyways, here's a website that might interest you:

http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

with those specs, it doesn't look like you should have too many problems fitting the wheels. (compared to 15x8 0ET wheels I've seen, the lip is only 1.4" wider)

Im just sayin, most of the stuff I see in that size are epsilons, wats or etc.

Edit: Right now my car is 4x4 status. A set of stances will cure that this summer.

Thanks for the link. I think I got this figured out. Mods close er up or delete. Thanks!

15x10 -44 would be insanely awesome. Unfortunately 2k for a set of wheels is not in my budget. lol.

2009-10-08163107.jpg

2009-12-10162117.jpg

15x10 -40 Rear, -33 Front. Rolled fenders, 225/50/15s

I just had it aligned yesterday, I believe the guy said I had -1 3/4 camber or something, but it definitely wasn't -2 or more.

/end pic whoring

I've got to see your ZX Knight, I am in Hampton.

2009-10-08163107.jpg

2009-12-10162117.jpg

15x10 -40 Rear, -33 Front. Rolled fenders, 225/50/15s

I just had it aligned yesterday, I believe the guy said I had -1 3/4 camber or something, but it definitely wasn't -2 or more.

/end pic whoring

For the 757 area, I usually look at vadriven.com and look at the events section. Usually Sumospeed (nissan guy) has meets. But you usually have the honda, bmw, and acura guys posting also. There is also weekly meets starting in the spring at Bass pro shops in Hampton, and at the Freedom Car Wash in VA beach.

Yeah, I'll drive it instead of my TT to the next meet/show, whenever that is.

@ Vinh: Saw them on ebay, paid 2500 for them shipped. They are SSR Longchamp XR4 wheels.

@Vernon: Yeah, I went to Freedom Wash a couple times...now I just go there to wash my car, there were WAY too many idiots there drag racing down Independence in front of the wash, and people doing burnouts in the parking lot, and otherwise being obnoxious.

I have heard of the Bass Pro thing, but those kids are still street racing out there, its only a matter of time before the cops start watching that area too, like with Freedom Wash. I'll have to check up on VAdriven, I don't check it as often as I probably should, but I'm usually busy with work/school to do much.

tilted like positive camber?

anyways, here's my car with a 15x10 -44 Eagle Alloy wheel on the back (front suspension is out of the car right now lol):

first pics with no spacer:

DSC03815.jpg

DSC03816.jpg

DSC03817.jpg

DSC03818.jpg

the last two are probably closer to my final ride-height

and these are with a 1/4" spacer (I think I'll order my wheels with this offset, just to one up my friend now :P ):

DSC03812.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

DSC03811.jpg

wheel specs:

15x10 -44---205/60-15

and I bought these for $133 ;)

happeh birfdeh

Im sorry i dont understand, but how come the wheels are looking as if they are tilted outwards from the car? Like it has horrible suspension or something. Im unaware of any good reason for this right now, so i am just curious why they are like that.

I'm assuming you're talking about the negative camber on the ZX. It's a function of suspension geometry, so as the car is lowered it gains camber. A higher (negative) camber angle tends to produce more lateral force, however that trend is also tire dependent.

It looks like PurePontiac has really low pro-sidewall tires on those wheels though, I have 225/50/15s on mine, the 50 series sidewall makes it less obnoxious looking as the cars in Japan, and some of the hipari/boso style cars here in the US can be.

EDIT: Not to say Pontiac`s car looks obnoxious or anything, just from those pics, the side walls looks really small, and disproportionate.