HybridZ

15x10 negative offset wheel fitment q?

itsaprothing

about to pick up some diamond racing wheels in 14x10 and trying to fill them as far to the stock fenders as I can to get that flush look.

yes I know this isn't exactly everyone's favorite style and yes I know it gets a lot of hate but it's what i'd like to do and help is greatly appreciated.

I've seen a zx before with i think they were called eagle alloys? in 15x10 and I think they were -40 offset? but i'm not sure if they had any spacers involved. anyways, any help is appreciated :icon14:

if you don't want to pull, I recommend going with a conservative offset, probably something similar to -35 or so. the offset you choose greatly depends on the amount of stretch that you want to run. if you don't want to run any stretch, then get 9" wheels, you won't be able to fit 10's them under the stock fenders without stretch

Also, DO NOT get those wheels unless you plan on getting the car very low first, or you will look like a retard, and I will make fun of you.

Also, you getting 15's or 14's?

Yes I will be stretching. Looking to stretch a 195. Yes the zx will be dumped on ground controls. and i just looked at the thread right now but the reason why I ask is because I saw an ae86 with the diamond racin wheels in -63! And I feel like our fenders are wayy deeper than an 86's?

Sorry. Still debating between 14 or 15. Leaning more towards 14 tho. Purepontiackid, that fitment looks real nice but I think I want my wheels to poke out juuuuuust a little bit more and accommodate by stretching. I kinda liked how it fit when you added a spacer but I'm sure you're not going to use one when you order your wheels. -50 maybe? Or would that be too much?

I really luv the streached look on those rims. I just cant get a shop here to do it for me. They say its illegal for them to do it??? Funny though, I had streached tires on my toyota chaser....in japan. Did u put them on yourself?

I bought those from the junkyard off of a Thunderbird (of all cars XD ) with all the tires already mounted. There are many, many videos of how to mount stretched tires on Youtube ;)

TBH, if I were you, I'd stick with the -44.

2010-02-03081413.jpg

15x10 -40 rear. 225/50/15

I wouldn't get anything in a lower offset than that, mine rubbed till I rolled the fenders/quarters/whatever the hell you call them.

I mounted my tires myself, on a regular tire mounting machine, but it was a huge pain in the ass.

Very nice wheels, but needs more lower...i wanna see it tuck some 205 Under the wells

Yeah, theres some pretty bad stuff here too.

It is just OEM replacement KYB shocks with cut stock springs. 3 coils front, 2 rear. Wasn't concerned with performance really, just looks, which sounds dumb because I went through the trouble of rebuilding an L28ET and swapping one in, then doing the Z31 ECU swap.

For a side note, I am very surprised at how much power the stock L28 can make, all I have is the Z31 swap, stock down and mid section of exhaust with a 2.5 shop job after that, a Isuzu front mount, stock ass boost, and air intake to accommodate the new MAF setup, and it will easily spin first and sometimes second on a cool night. I need an LSD to stop roasting single tires LOL

Here are some more pics I took today of the fitment:

2010-02-05081629.jpg

2010-02-05081756.jpg

2010-02-05081827.jpg

2010-02-05081858.jpg

And this is why lowering it any more would be a bad idea:

There are WAY more places in Virginia Beach with inclines like this than there should be >____<

2010-02-05082027.jpg

2010-02-05082038.jpg

You can see how I have only a finger sized gap between the air dam and street going down that incline, most places don't have that wide of an opening, or you have to worry about traffic coming in, and blocking the whole way.

Unfortunately I love my Kamei air dam, but its a really hard piece to find, the only other person I know that has one is roninjiro, his is urethane though. I need to remove mine and fix a big crack in it, haha.

LOLZ! I have only had those wheels like 3 or 4 months. SSR Longchamps seem to be pretty rare in their large width/super low offset sizes.

Good looking 240Z, whats going on with your suspension in those pics? the rear right wheel sits good, but the rest looks really high, haha.

/want more pics