HybridZ

Carbon Fiber

Guest KraZ4spd

About the hood, is the 280 and the 240 the same other than the vents? I have a 240 but would really like to have the vents for when the turbo is in there. Is there anyway you could do vents like this or some other type of vent/scoop?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yummy carbon fiber bits!

things I would like to see...

Dash cap and or dash

steering column cover with built in gauge pod.

center console

HVAC control panel

Hood

Hatch

Tail light panel 240Z/280Z

New airdam style like this:

irt355ns-img600x450-1067660543180_1.jpg

any maybe even a conversion kit for the 240SX

pre cut splitter for most MSA style airdamns....or even a prepreg sheet that could be "cut to fit"

It would also be kinda nice if somebody would offer flat sheets of layed up glossy CF that you could but into anything you wanted. or not...shipping would be a bit much for the kinda size i would like.

cowl panel

Access doors.

two sizes of ZG flares!

stuff stuff and more stuff.

Ok, here is an idea, but i bet most people on here wouldnt feel the need for it. How about and underbody rear diffuser. This is something serious road racers would enjoy. I see many of these on NSX's, Supra's, and RX7's. These are usually a mix of carbon fiber and aluminum, but may be very difficult to make.

Ok, here is an idea, but i bet most people on here wouldnt feel the need for it. How about and underbody rear diffuser. This is something serious road racers would enjoy. I see many of these on NSX's, Supra's, and RX7's. These are usually a mix of carbon fiber and aluminum, but may be very difficult to make.

im with you on this!

mike

im with you on this!

Thanks, I figured no one else would care. I am going to try and get my car as aerodynamic as possible. Before i started stripping my car it was downright scarry on the highway. I was even thinking making one but because i have no experience with CF it would be made fully of aluminum, but i would like something lighter.

I agree with the diffuser. That'd be great -- I'm heavily into aerodynamics (chose the perfect car, huh?) and I'm trying to get this baby to feel smooth and in control at 140+. I've already lowered the crap out of it, upgraded suspension and bushings, bought the body kit, currently shaving markers, emblems, and rear wiper (yes, it's a zx, but it's got a v8, so it keeps me happy :twisted: ), and a crap load of other junk -- this would be a great addition -- along with a fiberglass dash. I still want a cf dash in the shape of the 280z dash, but made to fit the 280zx dash. That would almost perfect my project.

Guest pinky280z

zguy95135 was right, he did ask me a while back and no...I don't think your a weirdo for askin me something out of the blue.

Being that I painted the Tail light trims, sterring wheel (center), A/C control panel (center), engine service light, valve cover and coil bracket.

But wait, I went one farther, I also own a Yamaha Seca 2. This I painted in black and red then did the carbon film over that...the red now looks maroon so I had to black clear the frame of the bike to tone it down from the OEM bright red. I also painted the helmet to match the bike. This is something we did plan to do on a per order basis, but cost was to high for most so we ditched the idea. We are looking in real carbon parts for the cockpit area of the car, but only time will tell if that will take off.

I don't get the chance to check in that often so if anyone has any questions PM me and I will get back to you.

links to pics for the bike and zcar:

SecaII - http://www.tampatechsoncall.com/gallery/index.php?imgdir=Seca%20II

zCar - http://www.tampatechsoncall.com/gallery/index.php?imgdir=The%20Zcar

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I'm in Clearwater, too.

I have a carbon fiber hood from my car that I'm going to try to cut a smooth tail panel and install round LED lights in. It won't look like the original one, but that's the whole idea. I'm starting on it this week.

Here's the hood:

39261126.jpg

well guys my Valve cover is on its way to fcz place to get a custom carbon fiber cover.

cant wait... its gonna be in green carbon fiber to go with my Z :)

i cant wait... me and him are also trying to get other parts made.. i cant wait.. ill take pics when i get it and im sure its gonna be top notch.......

mike

FCZ,

I would suggest that you focus on parts that are not currently manufactured or available for a Z. For instance a carbon fiber center console, or tail light trim plates. Something like that would be a good project as they are not currently available.

If you elect to make a derivative of a part that is already on the market and try to sell it in quantitiy you risk the chance of a lawsuit from the manufacture of the current parts as they own the design for that part or are licenced to make that part.

I apreciate your interest in making parts for 30 year old cars, but lets be original :shock: , copying parts that are already made will hurt all of us. The Classic Datsuns of the world rely on the revenue from these parts to keep their doors open. The services that they provide are much more than just a set of flares. Having too many people making or selling the same parts will make the business of restoring or modifying Datsuns unprofitable leading to the demise of the current vendor base.

okay i will get off my soap box now...