HybridZ

77 fairlady

i found a 77 original fairlady z RHD but it needs alot of work, body wise. the interior is all there but also needs work. my question is what is the diffrence between the fairlady and american z if any. I will try to post pic soon.

It's right hand drive, its from Japan or somewhere else that isn't American, Its called a Fairlady Z and has the Fairlady Z badge instead of a 280z badge. Pretty basic stuff other wise they aren't that much different.

If all else is a total waste there is at least a front clip to do a RHD conversion for somebody who would like to do so. Just knowing how rusty these cars get and all. Engine are another difference I believe, still the L but different carbs and some came with 2.0 correct? I don't mean the Z432 either, I know that was a twin cam skyline engine.

its a cool find. Too bad it isn't a 75 or earlier. Other than the cool factor of having an actual fairlady z, i don't think there is too much of a difference. it would be a shame to see a authentic one chopped up for a rhd clip for conversion.. =( However if it actually was a Z432 that would be 1000000% super lucky keeper and worth every penny to restore..too bad it isn't.

its a cool find. Too bad it isn't a 75 or earlier. Other than the cool factor of having an actual fairlady z, i don't think there is too much of a difference. it would be a shame to see a authentic one chopped up for a rhd clip for conversion.. =( However if it actually was a Z432 that would be 1000000% super lucky keeper and worth every penny to restore..too bad it isn't.

if its so rusty there is no other use then why not? Use every part you can, I already cut up one US S30. Shame on me huh? lol

What state is it in? Can anybody help me if a 2+2 firewall will work on my coupe? if the area i need isn't rusty then it would be perfect.

The 2+2 firewall will work, If you look at my RHD conversion thread, you can see what needs to be done to get it to fit. If I remember correctly my front clip came from a 2+2, and I installed it on my 75 coupe.

Yes, knowing what state it was located in would be helpful, or perhaps contact information.

Maybe SOME of us actually have Fairlady Z 2/2's and could use things like interior parts which are different than US models...

HINT HINT HINT!

Yes, knowing what state it was located in would be helpful, or perhaps contact information.

Maybe SOME of us actually have Fairlady Z 2/2's and could use things like interior parts which are different than US models...

HINT HINT HINT!

haha, if it is anywhere near me and I can get it cheap I will go pick it up and just the parts I need. Use other metal to fix other things on my car and sell the good panels and stuff that others need. Just enough to pay for what I have in it. That's IF its close.

PM me anything you got on the car. I have to be in DFW in two weeks.

There is a gawd, and he puts me in contact with people with FairladyZ's.... :lol:

If you get it you should try to see how much it would be to chop a fire wall out and send it to me! haha

• 3 weeks later...

The 2+2 firewall will work, If you look at my RHD conversion thread, you can see what needs to be done to get it to fit. If I remember correctly my front clip came from a 2+2, and I installed it on my 75 coupe.

Yes Joel yours was a 2+2