HybridZ

Ka24 Throttle body Install

Two80z4me

Before I get started. I will say that this section is only regarding the boring of the intake manifold and the install of the throttle body.

I used an extra n47 intake manifold I had laying around that I will be using as a donor for my car. Most of you will have to use the intake manifold off of your car to do this.

the manifold, rather shabby.

IMG_1276.jpg

The KA24 60mm Throttle body, (thanks matt)

IMG_1288.jpg

and using some headgasket material found at any parts store.

IMG_1278.jpg

now to get started.

- flip over the KA24TB and cut out a square of gasket material, enough to fit over metal inlet on the intake manifold

IMG_1279.jpg

- Take a hammer and tap the heagasket material into the opening of the ka24tb giving you the opening, don't worry about the mounting holes and trimming yet.

- then take the outline shape of the TB opening on the gasket and use a knife to cut it out.

IMG_1280.jpg

- Take the gasket and put tape it onto the intake manifold opening where your TB will go and get your sharpy out :)

- Sharpy the outline onto the intake manifold opening, and then check it by putting the TB on it and opening the mouth.

IMG_1281.jpg

- after this is done with, time to bring out your weapon of choice. My weapon was a simple plug in dremel with a metal eating bit.

- Start off by making it rounded, and a smooth transition toward your marks.

IMG_1282.jpg

- after that, just keep going till its a perfectly smooth transition and how you want it.

Here is what I ended up with, and I am pleased with it, now I just have to finish some other things on this manfifold and install it on the car.

IMG_1284.jpg

and with the throttle being held on a little off center, but its a smooth open entrance all the way in and no more fluctuation in idle.

IMG_1287.jpg

Hopefully this might help some of you and save you some money, however I STRONGLY suggest bringing this to a engine shop to get your old manifold cleaned out of all metal shavings and get the inside resurfaced if you want full results. Good Luck HybridZers!

I did this recently to an intake I have for sale. I did it in a similar way but just ordered the gasket for a 240sx from the autoparts store(cost $1) and I used an air powered die grinder with a couple different carbide bits. I did another one a few years ago and used a dremel, and now I highly recommend a die grinder with a carbide bit if one is available to you.

I did this recently to an intake I have for sale. I did it in a similar way but just ordered the gasket for a 240sx from the autoparts store(cost $1) and I used an air powered die grinder with a couple different carbide bits. I did another one a few years ago and used a dremel, and now I highly recommend a die grinder with a carbide bit if one is available to you.

Believe me, if I had a die grinder i would of used it but the bit I used on the dremel made short work of it.

Both TrumpetRhapsody and myself both got really bad tip-in turbulence without it ported to the 60mm opening. Don't put it on your car without doing it unless you want a very choppy throttle

Why would you put on on without porting the manifold?

Why would you put on on without porting the manifold?

<---- Nuub

I didn't think it would be an issue. I didn't swap to the 240SX TB conversion for a bigger TB. I did it to convert to cable linkage [and for MS TPS Signal] as I had alot of slop in my mechanical linkage. I didn't realize that lip was going to cause that much of an effect.

<---- Nuub

I didn't think it would be an issue. I didn't swap to the 240SX TB conversion for a bigger TB. I did it to convert to cable linkage [and for MS TPS Signal] as I had alot of slop in my mechanical linkage. I didn't realize that lip was going to cause that much of an effect.

Good enough answer for me, hopefully it saves some others from the same mistake. (For everybody) If you are going to run MS and dont't want to port the intake, you can put the SX TPS onto the stock datsun TB

Good enough answer for me, hopefully it saves some others from the same mistake. (For everybody) If you are going to run MS and dont't want to port the intake, you can put the SX TPS onto the stock datsun TB

You can also just run MAPdot accel enrichment, I'm not using a tps at all. I haven't got much driving in to see if it's acceptable, but it revs fine and the limited driving I've done(pretty much untuned) has been alright.

You guys' problem might be that there is a leak. If you bolt the throttle body directly to the intake there is a small leak where the throttle body meets the intake. I had to aluminum weld and smooth of the part that comes up for the cold start injector as there was a small slit.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on running alot of boost so i made sure that it was covered... I would take pictures of what I did but the intake a tb are on the car currently...

I was told by my high performance teacher at auto tech that it needed to be welded. Maybe my gap was bigger than you guys' but I just used a regular felbro ka24 throttle body gasket and it did not cover up the hole.

Its really not that hard, I had a friend that knew how to aluminum weld, weld it up alittle for me and then I took a file and filed it flush...

Its just "insurance" for me I guess you could say, I like to do things very thorough...

And yes yes I did have another name change... the new forum software couldnt read my old screename...

quick question..

do you use the 240sx tb bolts to bolt it up to the mani?

Yes it does. "Bolt on" I guess you could say. No modifications necessary. The tb spacer is only required if you are going with the stock shaft linkage.. I just mount my tb directly to the intake as I am going with cable linkage...

But as I was saying there is a small slit that the ka24 throttle body doesnt cover up...

Also another thing... I ported my tb opening all the way through. I didnt taper the port or anything. I dont know why people complained about going through the intake... After completely porting the tb opening, it DID NOT go through and there was still plenty of metal left...

So you can just port it straight through with no problems...

One of the main reasons I ported it straight through is so the air doesnt bottleneck... it stays a 2.5"(60mm) opening all the way through the throttle body to the intake..