HybridZ

I am getting boosted tonight. @15cmH2O

cygnusx1

Anyone else on here sleep "turbocharged"?  I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a few months ago.  I knew I had it but it isn't official until the guy with the medical papers says it is.  Anyhow, tonight will be my first night sleeping with a CPAP machine.  Basically it blows compressed air in your airway to keep your  throat opened up so you can breath.  Turbocharged!  I hear it takes a while to get used to.  I am willing to try, to avoid the headaches, the lethargy, and the possible early death.  My blood oxygen levels were dropping into the 80% levels during sleep.  I don't think that it's supposed to go below about 95%...

BOOSTED!   ;)

Edited by cygnusx1

I couldn't take it. Many tries. Maybe if I had a nasal only mask. I would wake up and feel almost claustrophobic for some reason. I'd rip that sucker off for the night and try again the next.

Are you overweight? I went to an ENT Dr. and he wanted to cut this out and rip that out and I was like what?! I said I didn't have this problem when I was 50Lbs lighter. He said, I lose more patients that way! So I lost 50Lbs! To me it was a win, win situation.

The face mask I tried was totally claustrophobia enducing. I am using the nostril thingy and it's not too bothersome.  I have to keep my mouth shut or I get the instant wind-tunnel effect.  I was able to fall asleep with it on but it woke me up in the middle of the night and I ripped it off.  I figured I wouldn't make it all night.  The pressure isn't bothering me as much as the noise of the machine.  I am going to try to put it further away and maybe inside a cabinet to keep the noise down.  I have it set to ramp pressure up over a half an hour.  To tell you the truth, after about an hour, I feel uncomfortable when I take it off.  I am slightly over my weight range but not much.  I have snored most of my adult life.  I agree,  those ENT guys are all a bit NUTS.  I don't trust any of them so far, and would never let one operate on me!  I have seen so many ENT surgeries gone wrong.