HybridZ

broke my rear control arm

Well I was fududaling around the other day with my z (1978 280z 5 spd) and I snapped a hunk of metal off part of the rear control arm on the left side.

Now the rear suspension is pretty crusty as it was I have been looking into replacing the control arms anyway and this just gives me a good enough reason to do so.

The best looking bang for the buck looks like techno toy tunings parts. Personally I have never heard of them until I was just doing a random google search on them. I know a lot of good has come out of arizona z, but I just can't justify the prices for what I am doing with the car to buy the control arms he has (which are beautiful btw).

So is techno toy tuning a reputable company? Any good or bad experiences? Here is the link to the part I need.

http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=864

Here is the busted arm lol.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/faytmorgan/controlarm.jpg

Thanx in advance for any help guys.

TTT sells quality parts. Service is professional. I have a set of their adjustable TC rods. I'm sure their rear LCA's are at least of equal quality. Check the forums as there are many opinions on rear LCA designs. Some threads have generated heated discussion. If your car is street driven I'm sure the TTT arms will exceed your requirements.

Well i was getting on it real hard and it just said f you around a corner after the corner i heard a thumping real hard like a flat tire i took it home (i live close to that spot) and shook it side to side thought it was a bearing at first but looked behind and found that that part was actually moving in the non-metal that is there lol.

I think i am going to go with the ttt stuff i will try to give him a call on monday or something.

Gabe from t3 is HUGE in the corolla community and is very reputable. Ive personally bought things for my rolla from him, and have many of my friends i know- all with good things to say. Only complaint i could think of is a buddy of mine ordered a steering bushing and it took quite awhile to get it to him because he had run out and was waiting for another bath. Beyond that not a problem. His products are top notch. Hell do coilover conversions too so im convsidering sending him my struts one of these days to get that done

Gabe from t3 is HUGE in the corolla community and is very reputable. Ive personally bought things for my rolla from him, and have many of my friends i know- all with good things to say. Only complaint i could think of is a buddy of mine ordered a steering bushing and it took quite awhile to get it to him because he had run out and was waiting for another bath. Beyond that not a problem. His products are top notch. Hell do coilover conversions too so im convsidering sending him my struts one of these days to get that done

what does he charge to do the coilover conversion, and send him your strut housing and lower mounts and the whole shock/spring setup? or just the strut and housing?

Just looking at the TTT part I would have to say that I would not trust it. It looks a little flimsy to me. I do tend to overbuild parts I fabricate, but they never fail me.

It is probably my personal paranoia.

FWIW

Mongo