HybridZ

HybridZ turbo engine raffled off?

He told me he was gonna post the serial #'s from the motor on the original raffle thread or either on this thread so we can match them up.

Maybe he's gonna take pics of the serial#? I don't know.

I think maybe the guy that won it in the race painted on it? Not sure though.

There are a few identifying items of the head that I recall and have pics of from when I originally built the head.

Oh, and it has a 4 angle valve job, not 3. Not that anyone is counting. :wink:

Looking at the bills that's some serious $$$ Into that engine. I am sure whatever the reserve is would probably be fair. I read the raffle thread not exactly sure what happened. Don't think anybody want's to explain. From what I can tell it looks like whoever won the engine got it.

• Administrators

Looking at the bills that's some serious $$$ Into that engine. I am sure whatever the reserve is would probably be fair. I read the raffle thread not exactly sure what happened. Don't think anybody want's to explain. From what I can tell it looks like whoever won the engine got it.

Yes, that is correct! The guy that won the raffle, did get the engine! :2thumbs:

Edited by BRAAP
Incorrectly called the raffle an auction! My bad, sorry guys. :-(

There are a few identifying items of the head that I recall and have pics of from when I originally built the head.

Oh, and it has a 4 angle valve job, not 3. Not that anyone is counting. :wink:

So Braap,

Did you build the engine specifically for a turbo application w/dishtops or did you use flattops?

The reason I ask is that the cam seems kind of big for a turbo application.

Also is everything else listed correctly other than the 4-angle valve job?

Edited by dirty white boy

So the guy who paypaled him the most money "won" the raffle? Haha what a raw deal....

Yea, noticed that, didn't know if I wanted to say anything after wards. Seems pretty screwed up! Somehow that's how I saw it coming out when people were buying 20 tickets at a time at what, almost $30 a pop.

Well, I won't go into it in detail but the HybridZ Admins took over the raffle when we discovered that the result was being rigged. Those involved in the rigging were banned and the raffle drawing actually occurred here in my shop with a few witnesses. I think still have the raffle drawing cards and documentation.

Ian was the legitimate winner of the engine.

• Administrators

So the guy who paypaled him the most money "won" the raffle? Haha what a raw deal....

Yea, noticed that, didn't know if I wanted to say anything after wards. Seems pretty screwed up! Somehow that's how I saw it coming out when people were buying 20 tickets at a time at what, almost $30 a pop.

My bad, I just noticed I typed "Auction" instead of "raffle". It was raffle. This thread is about an auction. My bad... :oops:

John covered the rest. :wink:

Edited by BRAAP
I misinterpreted what was being said, sorry guys.