HybridZ

Your Local Race Crash *Pics*

260DET

Johnc posted some pics in another section of a BMW crash he saw, driver walked away. As a driver I always have mixed emotions about crashes, glad its not me, great to see the driver is OK, the sometimes interesting story behind the crash. Anyway without more ado as they say here are mine. All happened recently at my favourite circuit which on average claims one victim per event.

This one involves a GTR, he was racing his mate in a GT3 who brake checked (duh?) after the high speed kink further to the right outof shot. Following GTR driver braked, car spears off from right to left. I was there that day, skid marks show in my incar video. GTR was a write off, driver OK.

post-185-12695871298044_thumb.jpg

Edited by 260DET

And the final one, which is a bit sad because it involves a historic Brabham open wheeler. Driver had fitted the roll over bar a week before, he was OK but the car.........look at that smashed real mag wheel.

post-185-12695881645621_thumb.jpg

Which is one reason I will NEVER race my car on a track. I put too much time and money to have to run off the track hit a wall or another car and then shrug it off. Driving to work is enough stress for me. Kudos to all you guys that track your high dollar and even budget built race cars.

I've done two track days with my silver turbo Z...if I wrecked it, I would be wrecked.   Too many of my years have been put into the car.  However, it is so much fun and satisfaction to bring something that YOU built, to the track, and then bring it back home successfully.   I keep these days to a very minimum until I am in the position to own a "disposable" car.  The problem is that even a "disposable" track day car, takes a lot of time and effort to put together so it's a catch 22.  I need a car that has no personal connection to me.  A rental?

Not a crash but a little opps. Trust me this could have been ten times worse! Me @ Watkins Glen.

n49800828_30669151_3518.jpg

WGI_049.jpg

Bent exhaust, 4 flat spotted tires with 300 miles on them, dented rear quarter, bent bumper...one hell of a ride!

Edited by EvilC