HybridZ

adjustable rear wing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
http://www.geocities.com/spized1969/ go there, to click 'enter' then on the bottom left hand corner click gallery, its the yellow one with the huge rear wing. Now, i want your guys opinion, i obviously dont want the vintage look, so i want to achieve the import racer look as much as possible (with a little downforce) but one concern is the angle of the hatch, veilside makes this cool carbon fiber wing but the mounts are way too huge for the little Z body, could i get my own mounts machined to fit the angle of the hatch? or should i just but one of those universal ones that has adjustments and crap, obviously the stantionary mount would be much cleaner and more desirable, any ideas...

i personnaly think its way too big for a Z. the new stuff just dosnt go with the z body. if you want a wing stick with the little wedges i think those look the best. i think a big wing like the yellow one has needs lots more fender flares to match the wing. I really like teh prostreet type wing that just come off the back of the hatch.

remember this is just my opinion. any others?

Great car. Cool website. Very flashy.

The wing is geech though. I agree with Stony, that wing goes with a hugely flared car (like Hoover's) and would need about 1000hp to back it up.

He had my same rims. I bet he paid way more though icon_smile.gif.

I liked the leather door panels. It'll be years before I start in on my interior. Many years after that before I get to the exterior.

Guest Anonymous

well im trying to get function and style. obviously fabricating my own wing is fun and having adjustable downforce is a cool addon also, but then again i do have fender flares on the car now, and it is black. damn i hate making decisions. speaking of hoovers car, did anyone see that spegehetti turbo header? my hat is off to that welder....talk about patience

I tried to launch the link to view the pic, but it didn't work... Can someone provide the pic???

Adjustable is GOOD. My static wing cracked it the mounting seems when I hit the 155mph test run... I suspect it would have come off the car at above that speed or at that speed over a period of time...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

lone,

thats what i plan to make my z like, no gnose though, currently put 2.5" front and 3.5" rear fender flares, put on a modified supra chin splitter, fender mirrors, no emblems, side marker, or side vents, need to get the right rear spoiler to finish the job.

not too fond of the BRE style rear spoiler, looking for more original

Guest Anonymous

jeromio,

i believe we are talking about the same guy,

datto_989031796.jpg

http://www.zdriver.com/rides/detailride.php?cat=1&relIdx=17&vehId=45 <--Zdriver car that has it

anyways i emailed the guy and he said that he used the stock chin splitter that came on the supra and just drilled new holes to attach to the Xenon air dam. Dunno if this is fact or what just what this guy told me, think his name is mike

Oh. The thing I as talking about was a car that had a whole spoiler from a Supra. I mean, not a stock one, an aftermarket one. It was a bit extreme, but it looked nice.

As I recall (vaguely), it was fairly cheap, like $150 or so, but the shipping was prohibitive since it was sourced from the UK.

Mikelly: the format does not allowing us to pull a picture from the website, sorry icon_sad.gif

Jeromio: that is Datto's car and he posts here once in a while. I met him at the MSA Natl's and he's really cool. He said that the Supra spoiler just bolted to the bottom of the Xenon like it was made for it. He does scrape over bumps and stuff though (driveways and the like) because it sits lowww.

Havok: nothing wrong with a rice wing on a Z, but it kinda looks out of place not being "period correct" if that makes any sense at all. Like Stony said, a spoiler that comes off the back like in some of those drag cars is pretty cool. What would be really cool would be to hinge it and fab an adjustment mechanism. The problem with the spoiler on that website is that the mounts are so dang high--it's kinda silly and not stable looking IMHO. If the mounts were lower, say 1/4th the size, well then it looks more attractive...

Davy

Guest Anonymous

dude guys, i just found this, this rear fin i guess, is the coolest thing ever you said about drag cars, well dude this is sooo awesome...ohh i want i want!!!http://a1501.g.akamai.net/7/1501/5509/956644847/autospeed.com/site/autospeed//images/0505_2mg.jpg

screw those other ones, this one is it, its so perfect

This is the supra airdam I was talking about:

1-907-zcar.jpg

It's a bit extreme, but I think it looks purty.

Here's a doctored side view:

supraspoiler240zdoctored.JPG

(I butchered it up - those 14inch slot mags that were on there just wouldn't do any kind of airdam any justice)

I can't imagine how an airdam designed for any generation supra could possibly fit on a 240Z, but this one seems to fit perfectly.

Guest Anonymous

Man, thats a sick amount of work for a personal webpage (but damn awesome..)? Nice looking car. I think the wing is to wide and tall for a stock bodied Z.

It would look REAL sweet IMHO on a Z with Carrera like fender flares, same treatment on the front with a chin splitter spoiler.

Regards,

Lone

That is probably the wing I will end up putting on my car. It works well and is highly functional. The 1st example isn't my bag at all... Sitting to high on the deck lid...although Pete is right, might be very functional.

Mike

That car, the yellow one is Jacks 240z, he says he made it from using an ex helicopter blade, and some custom welding, its sweet, i do agree that the wing is abit much for the classic Z, but he does believe that it does work, he does alot of track work, and drives high speeds, jacks car is one amazing car,

personally i prefer the original look, i don't mind that supra type front air damn..

the car is awesome, i have many many pics of that car, in the wet, and also my friend has a video of it going sideways from the cockpit of his Z, I'm hoping to get a ride in Jacks car withing the next few weeks maybe, my friend had a ride in it, and he said it was the best feeling...

jack spent around 7000 just on the bodywork,

and around 23,000 on the whole car thats what i heard, not the exact amount...

thats in aus dollars anyway

ohh and jack is a graphic designer, he made the web page so he can show off his design skills to clients etc...

if anyone wants any other good pics of that car, just email me.. or asked me to post them up here