HybridZ

Thompson coupling

That looks cool, but the looking at their website, I don't which product you would buy for automotive use. The small coupling weighs 10kg, and is only good for a maximum speed of 3000 RPM. It says it is safe for 500nm of torque or 1200nm for a short time. That just seems awfully heavy and that maximum speed is only good for 70MPH or so depending on your gearing. You should talk to them and see if they have anything designed for cars.

Not exactly new- I have a copy of the original patent I printed off of rexresearch.com

about four years ago. As stated in the video, they are still developing applications/

versions, so one specifically for automotive use is probably in the works. I would love

to have some mounted out back, if for nothing else but coolness factor.

I'm still waiting for Michelin & Energy Return Systems to offer airless "tweels" to the

general public as well, along with those freaky hubless wheels with the perimeter brakes.

Hmmmm...gets me thinking.

Off-topic, everybody needs to check out the website of a fellow Texan- multimachine.org.

How cool would it be to have a 10-in-one machine shop built outta L-series blocks? We could

all do all our own custom work and put Pallnet outta bizness! Just kidding, man...

Put those thinkin' caps back on and let's change the world.