HybridZ

Starting issues whe hot.

Okay so here is my problem, the car is a 78 280z 5 speed, only issue it's having is starting when hot, it just cranks and cranks and nothing.

if i let the car sit for at least one hour or more it starts up fine,i know for sure this is not normal at all, any one have any input or experienced this problem before?

Thanks,

Marco P

okay, so i found a little trick to get it started when hot, all i have to do is give it gas when cranking the first time i try, if i do not do that, the car will not start at all no matter how many times i try, so I'll have to wait till it is completely cold, for it to start by it's self.

okay, so i found a little trick to get it started when hot, all i have to do is give it gas when cranking the first time i try, if i do not do that, the car will not start at all no matter how many times i try, so I'll have to wait till it is completely cold, for it to start by it's self.

its sounds like the same thing that happened to me the engine heats up and evaporates all the fuel in the lines so thee is no fuel getting to the motor i just bought some header wrap and wrapped all the metal lines

its sounds like the same thing that happened to me the engine heats up and evaporates all the fuel in the lines so thee is no fuel getting to the motor i just bought some header wrap and wrapped all the metal lines

sounds like that's what am going to have to do, as the car has no heatshield under the intake manifold.

Do you have the stock EFI or a carbs? and Do you have a mechanical pump or electric?

EFI, with what should be electric.