HybridZ

Eibach Progressive Springs mounted

I am in the process of lowering my '73 240Z. My problem is that the Eibach Progressive Springs im installing actually makes the car sit 0.4" higher than the springs that are allready on it. I am 100% sure that the Eibach's are mounted correctly (see this thread), but i can't quite figure out what the problem is. I know that my car i a European model from birth - but i don't know if there are any differences between US and EU stock suspension that would cause this issue.

Picture explanation - Nose of car pointing to the right:

Car stance with springs that were allready on the car when i bought it. Notice also how the wheel is not centered in the wheel arches.

Picture explanation - Nose of car pointing to the left:

Car stance with Eibach springs (2.4" of space from top of tire and fender). Notice how the wheel is slightly more centered in the wheel arches.

Anybody out there experience this before or have any advice both regarding the centering issue and the height issue?

Thanks so much for any help or advice in advance.

Best regards

Jeppe

post-7681-12718803225993_thumb.jpg

post-7681-12718805072306_thumb.jpg

post-7681-12718816608461_thumb.jpg

Edited by degofedal

Have you rolled the car yet? The suspension/tires will bind a bit once back in contact with the ground after being up in the air, and it will 'settle' once it has moved a couple feet. I always notice this whenever I jack up the front/rear of the car. Other than that, I have no experience with those springs.

Cheers

Ryan~

Have you rolled the car yet? The suspension/tires will bind a bit once back in contact with the ground after being up in the air, and it will 'settle' once it has moved a couple feet. I always notice this whenever I jack up the front/rear of the car. Other than that, I have no experience with those springs.

Cheers

Ryan~

Hi Ryan

That was my first thougt aswell. Unfortunately that wasn't the problem. Thanks for your suggestion though :)

I recall looking on MSA and the European stock replacement springs were shorter than the stock US ones, so it could be a possibility that the eibachs are longer than the stock EU springs.

I intsalled tokico HP's that had 1.5 coils removed, and it lower the car a little over 2 inches :o

possibly cut a coil off?

I recall looking on MSA and the European stock replacement springs were shorter than the stock US ones, so it could be a possibility that the eibachs are longer than the stock EU springs.

I intsalled tokico HP's that had 1.5 coils removed, and it lower the car a little over 2 inches :o

possibly cut a coil off?

Thanks for the info. Seems strange that EU springs would be shorter than US. I wrote MSA about the same issue - hoping they have some additional info. I'm considering cutting a coil off. But i wan't to exhaust every non-destructive option before i do :)

When I installed a set of Eibach progressives I had the rear springs in the front and vice-versa. They were incorrectly labeled. I swapped them around and got the right ride height.

Front springs should be shorter. Tighter wound coils are on top (nitpicky but reduces unsprung weight a little bit).

I actually contacted Eibach USA, MSA and posted on HybridZ to find out which spring goes in the front and which goes in the rear (see this thread). The conclusion was longer springs in front - shorter springs in the rear. But depending on what info MSA can give me on the issue i'm definetly going to try and mount the shorter ones in front and see how that works out.

Thanks again.