HybridZ

The Rota RB-R (seeking advice)

Hi everyone, I was thinking about getting another set of wheels for my 280 (red in color, no ZG flares I prefer the car without them) and was looking at the Rota RB-R. I am hoping to get some good advice on choosing a proper color and fitment for my car. Keep in mind it has some flaring at the back.

Which color wheel would best suit a red zed: Royal Silver, Royal Hyper Black and/or Royal Gun Metal? (personally I am leaning more towards the Royal Hyper Black).

In terms of fitment, I would like a wider rim in the back. I was thinking of the following combination: Rota Rb-r 17x8.5 +4 (for the front) and Rota Rb-r 17x9 -13 (for the rear).

Tire combination 'could' be 235/45/17 up front and 245/45/17 in the back.

My biggest concern is that the 8.5 and 9 inch combination would not look correct? However, if they are both Rb-r's wouldn't they in fact look correct?

Finally, would anyone know if Kim Bong (kimcosmic@juno.com) is able to get me this set-up or would I be wasting my time asking him?

Many thanks to all those who reply!

Edited by lorenzo

Well I think both Royal black and Gun Metal would look great with a Red Z, I guess royal black would be more intense and gunmetal less intense your choice.

Edit: Had some misinformation, thanks Madkaw.

Edited by 19752802+2

Thank you for your reply. However, I am not seeking advice about the group buy. I was hoping to get more specific questions answered regarding my own vehicle.

If you read through that entire thread, you will find a great deal of information regarding wheel fitment for different offsets on the S30 chassis.

Lip size is the same on the 8.5 and the 9 and the 9.5. (99% sure of that)

8.5 will fit up front with 235/45 17's, but it is tight on the strut/tire clearance(100% sure of that)

The color is strictly subjective :)

By the way-those are 245/45-17 all the way around.

Somewhere I posted a thread on the fitment of these 8.5 4+ offset on my car!

post-1083-12722253981127_thumb.jpg

Lip size is the same on the 8.5 and the 9 and the 9.5. (99% sure of that)

8.5 will fit up front with 235/45 17's, but it is tight on the strut/tire clearance(100% sure of that)

The color is strictly subjective :)

By the way-those are 245/45-17 all the way around.

Somewhere I posted a thread on the fitment of these 8.5 4+ offset on my car!

The lip on the 9.5" RBR is .5" wider than the 9" wide RBR...so its a 3" lip for the 9.5" wide and 2.5" for the 9" wide.

• 9 months later...

Im about to purchase a set of these RBs 17x9 front and 17x9.5 back. Are any of you guys running with these wheels with a tokico lowering springs and the tokico blue shocks? It seems everyone is running with coilovers.

As soon as I get the wheels then I can start cutting the fenders.

Thanks