HybridZ

theft devices

So yesterday I had my sportbike stolen from my building garage. Guys came in when the gate was open, cut my chain, and whoosh! Whisked my bike away. I'm plenty pissed about it, but the bike is easily replaceable (with insurance payout, I hope) but my Z not so much. What are you guys doing in terms of theft protection beyond a car alarm? Is Lojack available for older cars?

If you have an electric fuel pump, you could always put a kill switch on the relay and hide it somewhere in the interior. My personal favorite it to use the switch on the dome light.

I like that dome light idea. I wish someone would create a self destruct mechanism, because if I can't have my car, no thieves will either! :angry:

I like that dome light idea. I wish someone would create a self destruct mechanism, because if I can't have my car, no thieves will either! :angry:

You could go mad max style and put a couple blocks of C4 next to you're gas tank with a self destruct switch.

If you have an electric fuel pump, you could always put a kill switch on the relay and hide it somewhere in the interior. My personal favorite it to use the switch on the dome light.

This is what I've got. The more creative place to put the switch the better. It may not make the car 100% unstealable, but at the very most it'll create a delayed attempt and who knows what could happen in that time the bastard thief is thinking, "Why is the piece not starting"!.

A few times I've forgotten to flick my fuel pump switch and my car will start and run a couple seconds on the gas left in the system then shut off. I figure that would atleast alert me or a neighbor, something. Then as the car is sitting there hopefully I can rush out and crack a skull or 2 lol.

If you decide to go the detachable steering wheel route, for god's sake buy a lock that'll go over the hub. I've never understood how so many people have the NRG hub, but don't have the lock that goes over. I mean how hard it would for the thief to carry his own steering wheel and just hook it up ya know?