HybridZ

Help: Need to rent pickup truck with hitch to pickup Z

No6thGear

I can not find anywhere that will rent a pickup truck or suv with a hitch so I can use a uhaul trailer with it. I found toyota dealers are renting trucks now and they have a hitch receptacle. but you can only go 500 miles away from the dealer or you get in trouble. Does anyone know if they have gps tracking on them to charge you more? Or if anyone has another suggestion please let me know. geno.green@gmail.com

Thank you

A lot of places rent trucks... United Rentals, Lowes, Home Depot, U-Haul, etc...

They don't use GPS or Big Brother or anything like that to follow where you go in the truck... they check the mileage before you leave, and then after you get back.

Problem is...They charge by the mile. I am driving about 900-1k miles one way! No friends with trucks able to tow.

A lot of places rent trucks... United Rentals, Lowes, Home Depot, U-Haul, etc...

They don't use GPS or Big Brother or anything like that to follow where you go in the truck... they check the mileage before you leave, and then after you get back.

Im going to inspect the car and purchase. I didnt want to buy a car site unseen.

Consider a vehicle transport service, will cost you less time and money to not have to drive a truck cross country WITH a trailer for a couple of days.

You could always try driving backwards, Joking aside maybe you could get a flight there check it out and rent a truck to drive it back or maybe have a hybridz member go check it out and take pictures for you and then have it shipped?

rent a uhaul, drive 100 miles and disconnect the speedo, the park a block away from the uhaul center and re-connect it.

Back in 1978 when I worked at U-Haul, all the trucks had tamper evident and speedo disabling connectors. Once you disconnect either end it won't go back together and a big red light comes on in the gauge cluster. I caught 4 people trying this and they each paid a U-Haul mechanic to reconnect the speedo cable and paid a buttload of money for the rental.

Not sure if they still have this but with the electronics available now I bet they have a pretty easy way of spotting this.

It's the "morality" police, please exercise due diligence with your grammar Jeff.

That is all

Thank You

I know youre profoundly jealous of my uttermost awesomeness, But moral police is just as "correct" as morality police. You should know that morality is a form of moral so it is saying exactly the same thing, I chose to use the shortened version. Furthermore good sir you should be searching on what all you are going to need for your turbo swap instead of badgering me about my exquisite grammar...its not that i dont like you, its just what ive told all my roadies. So to you I said good day, now carry on.

I know youre profoundly jealous of my uttermost awesomeness, But moral police is just as "correct" as morality police. You should know that morality is a form of moral so it is saying exactly the same thing, I chose to use the shortened version. Furthermore good sir you should be searching on what all you are going to need for your turbo swap instead of badgering me about my exquisite grammar...its not that i dont like you, its just what ive told all my roadies. So to you I said good day, now carry on.

It would be like you to take the "shortened" version

...you're still naming your first born after me

Enterprise Car Rental will have full size trucks available for daily rental, with or without a daily mileage cap.

Usually the bumper hitch they posess will not be sufficient for U-Haul to let you rent an auto transport. But Pep Boys sells a flat towing towbar and mickey mouse lights to drag it on it's own wheels if they are up to it.

Been cross country several times with a Z like that!

Hell, around the yard I use my Fairlady Z 2/2 with the hitch on the back and my Tow Bar to move 'the hulks' when required!

Once you buy that tow-bar, you will be amazed how your vehicle collection grows...

Yes, some of the Chevy Pickups I have rented from Enterprise have had the 'factory tow package' with a class three hitch receiver mounted. I wouldn't go asking about that specifically outside of the context of 'wanting to attach my bike carrier and it goes in a class three 2" hitch receiver'....

That should get you what you need.