HybridZ

Dynoed the car today

510six

Dynoed the car today, had a bit of a problem with the dynojet dyno. The AEM CDI ignition on the car puts out to strong of a signal for the dyno jet to read rpm, so the tune was mostly guesswork. The bright side was that 20 rwh was picked up with the tune 246 rwh @ 7psi, the motor is a bone stock N/A L28 on E85. The dyno operator/owner is going to do some research and the rpm will be taken next time from the sequential injector feed or using an optical sensor off the front dampner. With a proper rpm (torque) graph tuning to 9-10 psi on the stock bottom end shouldn't be a problem.

dyno52110.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can't you just tell the dynojet what your rear end gears are and use 4th gear (1:1) for your pulls? It's a simple calculation that the dynojet "should" be able to do. I know Dynpac and Mustang dynos can.

Those are dam good numbers for 7psi.

Pete

Can't you just tell the dynojet what your rear end gears are and use 4th gear (1:1) for your pulls? It's a simple calculation that the dynojet "should" be able to do. I know Dynpac and Mustang dynos can.

Those are dam good numbers for 7psi.

Pete

"Should" is the operative word here, the vss signal to the AEM failed (broken wire) otherwise we could have compaired the speed on the dyno vs. the speed signal dattalogged to the AEM.

"Just the motor was bone stock, like the internals, j-pipe, ECU? Or are you running an intercooler, better turbo, exhaust piping, Meqasquirt etc...

This makes me really want to turbo my car."

The L28 is an N42 rebuild , the turbo is a T67 , the fuel is E85. This should answer the rest of your questions.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2071134/3

"Should" is the operative word here, the vss signal to the AEM failed (broken wire) otherwise we could have compaired the speed on the dyno vs. the speed signal dattalogged to the AEM.

All you need to use to calculate the right ratio is the RPM signal from the car and road speed from the dyno at any point in whatever gear you're running in. Your dyno sheet will still show MPH on the horizontal scale, but you will know exactly what RPM your engine is spinning.

The dyno operator "should" know how to do this.

Edit: I know this sounds very similar to z-ya's post above, but I'm trying to say that even if the the dyno can't be told what your overall gear ratio and wheel circumference are, the dyno operator himself should still be able to calculate this easily.

Edited by bradyzq