HybridZ

Stance has made coilovers for us.

For those buying used coilovers, whats the fuss about the included sleeves? If you're buying s13 coilovers, the sleeves are included, you just have some extra metal to contend with (s13 spindle mounts). I did have the sleeve bored out slightly, but I would be surprised if the included sleeves fit perfect out of the box. I only paid $20 for the machine work anyways.

Anywho, check my build here: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/94002-how-to-install-s13-coilovers-on-280zx-and-poly-bushings/page__p__885620__hl__%2Bs13+%2Bcoilovers+%2B280zx__fromsearch__1#entry885620

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most sleeves are aluminum IIRC. Hence the demand for steel lower mounts.

Anywyas the funny thing about all this is I've pretty much decided to go with Koni shocks and GC coil overs lol. So now I have the Stance adaptor sleeves and camber plates just hanging out. I may just hold onto them to see I can get another quality set of coilovers out here on Okinawa

• 2 weeks later...

Most sleeves are aluminum IIRC. Hence the demand for steel lower mounts.

Anywyas the funny thing about all this is I've pretty much decided to go with Koni shocks and GC coil overs lol. So now I have the Stance adaptor sleeves and camber plates just hanging out. I may just hold onto them to see I can get another quality set of coilovers out here on Okinawa

Just wondering what camber plates did you buy for your stance coilover setup? did you get them from zcc (im not sure if they even align with the stance)? Also how would i go about ordering the stance coils with the adaptor sleeves instead of the lower bracket s13 sleeves? Just get them directly from stance or do i have to order from some dealer?

Im still deciding from going the megan racing setup or this stance setup. With megan coils all i have to do is get the upper camber weldable plates because the bottom threaded tube brackets is steel and can be welded based on looking at other threads. This would only cost me about 850 new for coils and plus how ever much zcc would sell me just the camber plates, whereas the stance setup i would be spending 1250 or so based on the pricing on page 2 of this thread for new coils with weldable threaded tubes and plus how ever much upper camber plates would cost(not sure where to get these that fit stance). I can weld so that wont cost me any money and my brother powder coats so getting the parts coated after welding wont cost me anything either. So i guess it all comes down to price for me. But is the extra 400-500 or so in going the stance setup really worth it? Ill just be using my z as a street/daily car and maybe hit the track a few times a year. Keep in mind im also on a budget (still a college student) but do not mind spending the extra cash if its really worth it.

Ill be making a detailed thread with lots of pictures for when i do this to help out others even though there is already a lot of threads about this.