HybridZ

TurboHLS30's '75 280z

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea he is and the funny thing was I had only met the guy like 3 days earlier. It's a complete long block with uncut harness and ecu the only thing it doesn't have is a trans. This guy had a Mazda pick up with a 1jz in it, an all original RX2 four door, a 2 door 510 with a bridgeported 13b, and a bunch of other cars. Anyways my harnesses came in yesterday. I laid out my harness and the new harness and that's when I find out that the 75 harness is different from the 76 harness. So what I'm going to do is just fix the parts of my harness that got burnt up with the new harness. I'm going to go up to my dad's shop and get the tools needed. I'll make sure that I take pics. Also I'm still waiting on my ignition. I bought it on a Thursday and the guy didn't ship it until the next Tuesday. Oh well it's on it's way. I have a list of things to do before I take it for it's first drive. I will put some pics up later on today or tomorrow.

Well today I went autocrossing with my friend in his Miata and we got 3rd place. He also has a '03 RSX Type-S and a Z32 300zx. After today I know for sure that I am going to autocross the Z. Also my Grant steering wheel and my Autometer boost gauge came in today. I put the steering wheel in and boy does it look good. I don't know where I'm going to mount the boost gauge yet but we'll see when I get it running.

Grant Steering Wheel

15zhx94.jpg

My turbo emblem from a 280zxt

2hz0saq.jpg

And my "I <3 My Datsun" sticker

15doyuv.jpg

Oh and here is me and my friend Miles next to the Miata after we won 3rd

30cn8k1.jpg

And a Z that was there. It's pretty fast, still running stock SU's

2h5k5tk.jpg

I went and picked up some new rims and tires for the Z last night. They are knockoffs but they look really nice and have some almost brand new tires. They're 14x7 0 offset with a 3-4 inch lip. The best part about it is that I gave the guy $50 and a strut bar for his civic. Anyways onto the pics

2rhwj1j.jpg

157g48x.jpg

11weqhg.jpg

ipa043.jpg

Also the person who put these lowering springs on put them on backwards, as in fronts in the back and backs in the front, so it sits as if it had no motor in it. So now I have to reverse them so that it will sit right.

Today I finished installing my rims. Here's some pics.

Little bro preparing to put on the rim

nxrjfq.jpg

Front wheel well

23mpt7r.jpg

Still preparing but now doing the one legged dance LOL

4sl4bs.jpg

Rear wheel well

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=XAS1fUiO8rDgJmxNjuheDYh4l5k2TGxc

Little bro starting to put the wheel on after BSing for 5 mins.

154u8sn.jpg

He couldn't get it on the first time, so he started complaining about me taking pics of him failing LOL

snni1z.jpg

He still couldn't get it on

igm2z4.jpg

He gave up so I ended up finishing it

fktc08.jpg

6z7psh.jpg

Back on the ground

312uw6g.jpg

Front wheel gap because of screwed up springs

18m9p4.jpg

The Suburban and the Z in the driveway

adf2tx.jpg

25iss1t.jpg

Nice, I need to make one of those to delete my radio as well. I dont listen to music when Im driving due to the drone of the exhaust and the fact that I love listening to the turbo spool up and the RB scream at high RPMs haha.

I dont know if I should put gauges in it though...kind of out of sight a little. Maybe a little deal for meth and nitrous down the road

Actually you don't really have to move your head that much to see the boost gauge that I have in now. I wasn't planning on doing any sort of system in the Z because I really like this setup for music http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/82278-good-portable-mp3-sound-system-for-the-z/ and it's removable and doesn't need any major holes cut. The gauges actually look like they belong there, which was very surprising to me. Anyways if you want I can make a template on CAD w/ dimensions and send it to you. You have a 280z too don't you?

Got my 2jz today SOOO excited for this build now

28bup7o.jpg

110hw61.jpg

30jtut3.jpg

2cgc5m9.jpg

My plans are to go through the motor check the bearings and everything and the throw in my 2jz-gte rods and pistons, and turbo cams maybe. FFIM (Forward Facing Intake Manifold), Single turbo manifold with a Precision turbo don't what size, R154, ARP head studs, and a head gasket and hope for 600hp LOL

Lucky you for the 2JZ. Don`t get over your head with so many projects especially with that engine that can consume a lot of $$$$$$$ cash-money. Stay focus and finish what you`ve started.Good luck!And keep the Z alive!

Ughhh I can't get anything done until I sell the current motor. I have people interested but they want a vid of it running and a compression test. I can't do either because my harness is fried. I know for sure the engine starts and runs because I've started it in my old Z and it ran fine. Any ideas on what I could do to get it running?

• 3 weeks later...

No recent updates, this weekend the car was supposed to be running but ended up having to go and meet my Dad's girlfriends parents, so the Z didn't even get touched. But yesterday I decided to take a pic with the Z so that I can have a new screen saver so here it is

nxw39h.jpg