HybridZ

coilover questions

After getting a headache from searching this huge site, and finding some topics locked, I still have a few questions regarding coilovers.

Is there a generic coilover sleeve that will fit around a 77 280 strut housing? (only concerned with the fronts)

Is the early 240 strut housing a smaller o.d.? And it is shorter?

I have the fab skills to do what needs to be done but I am doing this car on a tight budget and appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Jay

I'm sure there is a generic threaded collar you could get. Just measure your strut tubes outside diameter and look around on circle-track or nascar style racing websites for the threaded collars for cheap, I think QA1 or Carrera or someone makes some cheap.

The front 240 and 280 struts are the same length. The rear 280 strut is longer than the rear 240 strut. The isolators on top are also longer on the 280 in back. There are generic coilovers available for both struts. Do some searching and you'll find all the info you need.

Thanks for the replies..

Carrera sleeves are ~2.140 Id and my strut housings are 2.165. I have searched afco, stock car products, etc and I can't find one that shows any dimensions other than length. BTW QA1 now owns Carrera so I'm going to the QA-1 site right now..thanks again, Jay

• 4 weeks later...