HybridZ

Cut Yellow and white wire *NO SPARK*

Ok think my ignitor might be toasted then does anyone know what the volt meter reading should be on the yellow/white wire while cranking? i'm getting 1.34 - 1.46 V on my meter while cranking....... Thanks for the help guys i am soooo close my plugs have fuel on them so everything else is good!

The yellow/white wire goes to the (igniter) power transistor. The wire comes from the ECU and is the trigger wire for the power transistor and coil.

The voltage you have mentioned is along the lines of what you should be seeing. However, the voltage is a pulsed trigger, so the voltage will not be constant, your meter should flutter up and down as the pulse happens. The best way to troubleshoot it is with an oscope, that way you will be sure you are getting a pulsed trigger, and not a dc voltage that does not change.

The power transistor is a robust component, and the only way you will blow it up is to wire the transistor incorrectly. I dont have the harness in front of me, but if memory serves me correctly, the black/white wire is the switched 12 volt feed wire and it goes to the top of the connector, the yellow/white wire is the second wire to the transistor. Check the black/white wire, to make sure that when the ignition key is in the ON position, you have 12 volts on the wire.

Thanks for the clear info on those functions! I have a constant 12v on the B/W wire and a Seemingly pulsing signal on the other wire. I have a Brand new MSD Blaster 2 coil and no spark out of the coil.... don't know what it could be but the igniter open to any and all suggestions, going to get an H.E.I. unit tomorrow and we will see. Please keep the ideas and help coming guys i really do appreciate it more than you know!!!

Any one know what it should ohm at???

Ok did the H.E.I. ignitor swap last night and i now have a good strong spark out of the coil, but so far nothing out of the plugs took the cap off and cleaned the cap for dust and the rotor as well. Any suggestions??? So close to my car running i can feel the breeze from my first highway run!