HybridZ

Building a fuel system for my rb25det

5thgenluder

Thanks guys. I am/was very confused. I was definately Mixed up About diameters. I'm ordering the pump now. Quick question if this is a 1/4 npt which is the same as -6 can I just attach my stainless steel braided cable to the fitting and hose clamp it on?

Yeah, it will be a 1/4" Male NPT fitting with a 3/8" hose barb. That's what came with the carter pump i was looking at. You may have to buy the fittings if it doesn't.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Russell-6-AN-1-4-in-NPT-pipe-to-3-8-in-tube-anodized-straight-adapter-fitting/_/N-26a0?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=1%2F4+npt+to+3%2F8&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=467151_0_0_

Edited by goodoldjam

Ok this could be a really stupid idea. Please tell me if it is. I was trying to figure out where to put all this stuff (ie surge tank 2 pumps 2 filters and a bunch of hoses) and then I thought hmm. What If I put it all in the spare tire well and then bolt an aluminum plate over the top of it. I'd dynamat the plate and the well to keep noise down and if I need to get to any of the components I'd just unbolt the top plate. Please let me know if this is stupid. Also if this isnt stupid should I mount the low pressure pump by the tank so it doesn't have to pull as far.

Ok this could be a really stupid idea. Please tell me if it is. I was trying to figure out where to put all this stuff (ie surge tank 2 pumps 2 filters and a bunch of hoses) and then I thought hmm. What If I put it all in the spare tire well and then bolt an aluminum plate over the top of it. I'd dynamat the plate and the well to keep noise down and if I need to get to any of the components I'd just unbolt the top plate. Please let me know if this is stupid. Also if this isnt stupid should I mount the low pressure pump by the tank so it doesn't have to pull as far.

Sounds like a plan, a lot of people would say it's unsafe to add anything involved with fuel to the cabin for obvious reasons. You are going to block it off though, so if you want to go that route then i would say go for it. I would think your after pump filter should be in the engine bay, because it's only job is to protect your injectors from particulates.

update,

I have finished running all the hardlines. I got 3/8th tubing from jegs, I removed the stock lines and ran new lines where they were. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Being under a car that long was not fun. I got a flaring tool and double flared all the ends of the tubing. Heres some pics.

This is the rear end of the car. where the lines will go to and from the tank.

post-11227-012904800 1279342087_thumb.jpg

Here they are in the tunnel under the car.

post-11227-013592400 1279342097_thumb.jpg

Heres the engine bay

post-11227-051492400 1279342203_thumb.jpg

I hope it looks good so far. let me know what you think.

help needed please. What fittings do I need for the bosch 044. Are the ones below correct?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-670510/

and

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-460618/

Trying to get all this stuff for friday. Please help quickly.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=158349

Sounds like it according to this thread. I can't 100% confirm it though.

thanks again. I ordered them. Summit has a great return policy if all else fails. Thanks for all the help you have given me on this project. Goldoldjam and Rs speed you guys have basically hand held me through this whole project.

Glad to help some, hopefully it goes nice and smooth. Looking good so far, remember to take some more pics and show us how it turns out.

Yesterday was a disaster. I was attempting to clean and seal my tank using my Eastwood tank sealer kit. The cleaning went pretty well allthough it was very time consuming. Then came the sealing. Everything went ok. I spun it and let it sit as per the instructions. Then I ran into a problem. After I had the tank all coated I tried to dump out the excess. I got some out but every output on my tank had a small lip. So now I had a few puddles. I tried to keep spinning it over the next few hours to avoid puddles but I can look in and see a few. What should I do? At this point do I just throw this tank away? Should I use it and hope for the best? Worst case scenario my fuel filter would catch anything that came off correct?